India, Sweden sign MoU for cooperation in health care and public health.February 24th, 2009 - 8:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.24 (ANI): India and Sweden inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Tuesday for bilateral cooperation in the field of health care and public health.
The MoU was signed between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Government of the Kingdom of Sweden.
Union Health Minister Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss, Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Naresh Dayal, and Swedens Ambassador to India Lars-Olof Lindgren were present during the exchange of documents.
Speaking on the occasion, Ramadoss said that cooperation in the field of health is a fast emerging area of already very strong Indo-Swedish relationship.
Swedens achievements in the area of midwifery and maternal and infant health have a lot to offer for Indian efforts, Ramadoss said.
For coordination and implementation of the MoU, a Joint Working Group (JWG) comprising of officials from India and Sweden has been set up. The working group met immediately after the signing of MoU and proposes to meet every year. The two sides exchanged information, including on collaboration strategies, in the following prioritized areas:
a) Controlling the risk factor of Alcohol
b) Medical and Pharmaceutical Products
c) Health and Medical Research
d) Health Resource Development, especially Strengthening of Midwifery and Nursing Skills
e) Maternal and Child Health
f) Perspectives and future initiatives of SIDA
g) Communicable Diseases and Anti-Microbial Resistance
h) Strengthening Health Systems, including e-Health and Governance
In the area of medical research, the JWG agreed for an institutional mechanism for cooperation in mutually identified thrust areas, including Non-Communicable Diseases, to be finalised between the two agencies within the next six months.
They also agreed to exchange of CVs between interested research collaborators. (ANI)
- India, Rwanda to cooperate in health care - Nov 12, 2010
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- Swedish ex-envoy to head defence firm Saab in India - Aug 29, 2012
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
- India, Bulgaria ink healthcare deal - Nov 28, 2011
- India-Sweden to strengthen ties in healthcare - Nov 29, 2010
- India, Saskatchewan sign MoU on mineral resources - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- Apollo Hospitals sign MoU with University College of London - May 21, 2011
- India looks to Trinidad for oil, signs 5 pacts - Jan 06, 2012
- India, Kazakhstan sign civil n-pact, unveil strategic roadmap (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Indo-German working group on automotive sector to meet on Monday - Apr 15, 2011
- AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoU - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: anbumani ramadoss, bilateral cooperation, dayal, government of india, indian efforts, infant health, institutional mechanism, joint working group, kingdom of sweden, maternal and child health, memorandum of understanding, microbial resistance, ministry of health and family welfare, non communicable diseases, pharmaceutical products, prioritized areas, research collaborators, sign mou, strengthening health, thrust areas