India stress the need to increase trade and economic engagement with BelarusNovember 17th, 2008 - 9:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 17 (ANI): Minister of State for Industry Dr. Ashwani Kumar stressed upon the need to increase the level of trade and economic engagement between India and Belarus on Monday.
He was speaking at the bilateral meeting between him and Rusetsky, Minister of Industries, Republic of Belarus in New Delhi today.
Dr. Kumar assured the Belarusian Minister of the Governments full support in strengthening trade and economic engagement with Belarus. He told the visiting Belarusian Minister of Indias longstanding relationship with erstwhile Soviet Union and invited Belarusian companies to collaborate with Indian companies.
He emphasized on the need to increase the frequency of exchange of business delegations and bilateral interactions between captains of industry from both sides.
Rusetsky identified heavy engineering, IT, pharmaceuticals and mining and defence sectors as the focus areas for investment in Belarus.
Rusetsky invited Indian companies to actively participate in the privatization process of Belarusian industry. Dr. Ashwani Kumar assured him of governments full support to Indian industry to engage in exploring business possibilities in Belarus.
Dr. Kumar informed the visiting Minister that despite the global economic slowdown, Indian companies would continue in their endeavours to establish global footprints.
Both the Ministers agreed to boost bilateral economic engagement so as to achieve the target of 500 million dollar of trade between the two countries by 2010. (ANI)
- India to boost cooperation with Belarus in IT - Aug 15, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Pakistan agree to dismantle trade barriers - Feb 13, 2012
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- Iraq seeks Indian investments - Feb 27, 2012
- Saudi Arabia seeks to boost trade, investment with India - Jan 04, 2012
- India conveys concern to US over protectionism - May 08, 2012
- India, Japan target $25 billion trade by 2014 - Dec 28, 2011
- India, Pakistan to open new gate for trade by April-end - Feb 13, 2012
- Prime Minister to embark on three-nation Asia tour on Sunday (Part I) - Oct 22, 2010
- Close partnership with Japan on global environmental issues: Bansal - Mar 22, 2011
- Patil urges captains of industry to enhance modest India-Laotian trade ties - Sep 13, 2010
- India may join Russian-led economic union - Dec 16, 2011
- Colombia to ratify tax treaty with India by year-end - Jul 08, 2012
- 'Trade can lead to peace between India, Pakistan' - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: ashwani, business delegations, business possibilities, captains of industry, defence sectors, dr kumar, economic engagement, endeavours, focus areas, global economic slowdown, governments, heavy engineering, longstanding relationship, minister of state, New Delhi, pharmaceuticals, privatization, republic of belarus, soviet union, target