India, South Africa identifies areas for cooperation in oil sectorOctober 16th, 2008 - 8:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 16 (ANI): Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora met B.P. Sonjica, Minister for Minerals and Energy of South Africa here today.
While recalling close, historic and warm ties between India and South Africa, the two Ministers discussed ways and means to establish cooperation in the oil and gas sector between the two countries.
Among the issues discussed were: setting up of LPG logistics in South Africa, collaboration with PetroSA of South Africa for utilization of Coal-to-Liquid (CTL) technology in India, bilateral cooperation in setting up of CNG network in South Africa, and availing of training facilities in India by South African personnel in the hydrocarbon sector.
Deora has accepted the invitation extended by Sonjica to visit South Africa on a mutually convenient date. (ANI)
- Cairn India and PetroSA deal on oil exploration in South Africa - Aug 16, 2012
- Project on for developing catalyst to liquefy coal: Coal India - Sep 11, 2012
- India seeks clean coal technologies from South Africa - Jan 06, 2011
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- Kuwait keen on investing in India's petrochemical industry - Sep 29, 2010
- India eyeing oil production opportunities in Africa - Dec 07, 2009
- India, Angola sign deal for hydrocarbon sector - Nov 02, 2010
- India scouts for investment in energy in Mexico summit - Mar 31, 2010
- India seeks Qatari investment in oil and gas sector - Oct 28, 2011
- Deora calls on Vietnamese Prime Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- India offers assistance for development of Uganda's oil, gas sector - Jan 28, 2010
- India, Canada to energise ties, fast-track nuclear deal - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: bilateral cooperation, coal, collaboration, gas sector, hydrocarbon sector, india south, invitation, logistics, minerals and energy, murli deora, natural gas, New Delhi, oil and gas, oil sector, petroleum, petrosa, south africa, ties, union minister, ways and means