India snubs OIC’s Kashmir resolutionMay 29th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
By Naveen Kapoor
New Delhi, May 29 (ANI): India has rebuffed OIC resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir passed by 36th session of the Council of Ministers in Damascus, Syria recently.
The 57-member grouping has made a direct reference to the last year Amarnath land row in Jammu and Kashmir.
A statement issued by the Ministry of External Affairs said: “We note with regret that the OIC has chosen to comment on India’s internal affairs during the 36th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers held in Syria on 23rd - 25th May 2009. The OIC has no locus standi on India’s internal affairs”.
The OIC in its resolution expressed concern over use of force against the economic blockade during the Amarnath land row agitation and have also regretted that following the Mumbai incident Indian government have put a pause on the composite dialogue.
The Islamic conglomerate also urged India to resume composite dialogue.
India also took umbrage over OIC calling catastrophic 26/11 Mumbai attack as merely an incident.
The MEA statement said: “We also note with dismay that in the resolution adopted, the terrorist attack on Mumbai in November, 2008, has been referred to as a mere “incident.”
For almost two decades, the OIC has been has been advocating the issue of self-determination and resolution of Kashmir in accordance with the UN resolutions of 1948 and 1949, but this time it went a step further by directly referring to the Amarnath Land row in its resolutions.
Pakistan, which is a member of this group, has vociferously raised issues pertaining to Kashmir at this forum. (ANI)
- India dismayed at OIC stance on Mumbai attack - May 29, 2009
- India rejects OIC resolution on Kashmir - Jul 01, 2011
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- India rejects OIC move to appoint Kashmir envoy - Oct 03, 2009
- India rejects OIC reference on Kashmir - Aug 17, 2012
- PM tells OIC to keep its hands off Kashmir - Oct 29, 2009
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- Stone-throwing protests unfortunate: Kashmir governor - Feb 28, 2011
- India regrets OIC Kashmir issue comment - Jun 27, 2008
- Pakistan rejects Indian protests on Gilgit-Baltistan, dam (Lead) - Sep 12, 2009
- BJP resolution against Kashmir interlocutors' report - May 24, 2012
- India rebuffs OIC comments on Kashmir - Aug 15, 2008
- Indo-Pak talks will succeed if Kashmir is made the main issue: Mirwaiz - May 22, 2010
- India raises objection to Pak senate resolution on J-K - Aug 07, 2008
- India slams Pakistan resolution on Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 07, 2008
Tags: agitation, composite dialogue, conglomerate, council of ministers, damascus syria, dismay, economic blockade, foreign ministers, indian government, internal affairs, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, locus standi, mea, ministry of external affairs, naveen, oic, self determination, snubs, use of force