India, Singapore to conduct joint army exercisesAugust 13th, 2008 - 5:02 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 12 (ANI): India and Singapore today signed a bilateral agreement to conduct joint army training and exercises in India.
Defence Secretary Vijay Singh signed the agreement on behalf India, while Chiang Chie Foo, Permanent Secretary (Defence) was the signatory from the Singapore side.
The bilateral agreement is in furtherance to the agreement signed between the two Governments on Defence Cooperation on October 13, 2003 that seeks to provide facilities in India to the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) for the purpose of joint military training and exercises.
The training and exercises involve both armour and artillery training/exercises, which would be carried out at Babina and Deolali ranges.
Such exercises were conducted previously on the basis of a MoU between the two countries entered into in January, 2005. Future joint training exercises would now be conducted under the provisions of this bilateral agreement.
The agreement provides for temporary detachment of SAF personnel for a maximum period of eight weeks, up to two times a year. However, small detachments not exceeding eight personnel from SAF may be allowed to stay with their equipment stationed in India.
Besides the bilateral agreement the associated Protocols on ”Training”, ”Administration and Logistics” and ”Financial Arrangements” were also signed between the two countries. The agreement comes into effect from today and shall remain in force initially for a period of five years. (ANI)
- India, Singapore sign military training deal - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Singapore extend military training agreement (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Singapore ink pact for joint army training - Aug 12, 2008
- India, Singapore test tank warfare skills - Mar 27, 2012
- India, Singapore review defence cooperation - Oct 09, 2008
- IAF chief to visit Singapore air show - Feb 13, 2012
- India, Oman sign memorandum on military cooperation - Dec 28, 2011
- Joint Indian, Singapore air force training from Oct 14 - Sep 30, 2011
- Indian Army to hold 20 war games with friendly nations - Jan 29, 2012
- Singapore, Indian Navies conduct naval exercise - Mar 24, 2011
- India, Finland sign social security accord - Jun 12, 2012
- India, Saudi Arabia to set up joint defence panel (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India, Mozambique to ink security accord - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Singapore business chambers to boost trade - Jul 11, 2012
- Singapore opened new horizons for India: PM - Nov 20, 2011
Tags: armour, army training, babina, bilateral agreement, chie, defence cooperation, defence secretary, deolali, detachment, furtherance, india singapore, maximum period, military training, mou, permanent secretary, signatory, singapore armed forces, training administration, training exercises, vijay singh