India signs agreement with World Bank on health projectFebruary 13th, 2009 - 8:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 13 (ANI): India has signed a Financing Agreement of National Vector Borne Disease Control and Polio Eradication Support Project with the World Bank, here today.
The agreement is for a total assistance of approximately 518 million dollar as part of IDA allocation to India.
The project aims at enhancing the effectiveness of government response to control malaria, eliminate Kala Azar and eradicate polio. This will be achieved by increasing the number of people benefiting from effective prevention, diagnosis and treatment services for malaria and Kala Azar, and vaccination against polio.
The project will have four components including., “Improving Access to and Use of Services for Control of Malaria”, “Improving Access to and Use of Services for Elimination of Kala Azar”, “Policy and Strategy Development, Capacity Building and Monitoring and Evaluation” and “Improving Polio vaccine availability”.
The agreement was signed by Dr. Alok Sheel, Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs on behalf of Government of India and. Rachid Benmesssaoud Operations Adviser, World Bank (India), signed on behalf of the World Bank.
The closing date of the project is December 31, 2013. (ANI)
- After polio, Bihar targets kala azar - Jan 30, 2012
- Japan gives Pakistan $65 mn for polio eradication - Aug 16, 2011
- MSF battles kala azar in Bihar - Jul 17, 2012
- Kala azar now part of Bihar school text book - Aug 02, 2011
- Japan gives 120 mn yen grant to fight polio - Mar 26, 2012
- Bihar hikes financial help for kala azar patients - Apr 24, 2012
- Bihar to involve youths to fight kala azar - Apr 10, 2012
- First vaccine against kala azar ready for trial - Feb 22, 2012
- Polio-free Southeast Asia within reach: WHO - Sep 05, 2012
- India faces polio threat from Pakistan: Minister - Dec 20, 2011
- India to support global polio eradication: Azad - Feb 26, 2012
- Bhojpuri songs to spread awareness about kala azar - May 09, 2012
- Indian Govt., World Bank sign agreement for watershed project in Uttarakhand - Mar 21, 2011
- 'Polio a huge embarrassment for Pakistan' - Mar 23, 2012
- Government signs accord with World Bank $155.3 mn grant (With Image) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: alok, capacity building, closing date, control of malaria, economic affairs, government of india, government response, health project, india signs, monitoring and evaluation, polio, polio eradication, polio vaccine, rachid, secretary department, sheel, signs agreement, strategy development, vaccine availability, vector borne disease