India setups helpline for stranded Indian citizens in JapanMarch 16th, 2011 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 16(ANI): The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Wednesday setup a helpline for stranded Indian citizens in Japan, following a massive tsunami that struck northeast Japan on Friday.
According to a press release, issued by the MEA the Ministry along with Embassy of India in Tokyo and the Consulate General of India (CGI), Osaka is closely following and monitoring the situation in Japan.
The Help lines have been set up in MEA, Indian Embassy in Tokyo and CGI in Osaka.I. Ministry of External Affairs:Telephone # 2301 53002301 21132301 41042301 8179 II. Embassy of India, Tokyo:Telephone # 0081332622391 to 97III. Consulate General of India, OsakaTelephone (During office hours: + 81662617299 (Emergency contact: Shri Piyush Gupta +819050553344)Help lines will be functional from 0800 to 2000 hrs daily.
Japan is reeling under the devastating effects of a massive earthquake, measuring 9 on the Richter scale.
The Japanese Government has mobilised a widespread rescue effort to deliver food, water and fuel, and pull stranded survivors from buildings and damaged homes. (ANI)
- India sets up helpline for Indians in Japan - Mar 16, 2011
- No radiation threat to Indians in Japan (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Bahrain assures safety of Indian nationals - Mar 17, 2011
- No evacuation plan yet for Indians in Japan (Second Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- India issues travel advisory for Japan - Mar 19, 2011
- Arab unrest: 24-hour helpline for Indians - Feb 21, 2011
- India expresses sympathy to Japan over quake,tsunami tragedy - Mar 11, 2011
- India offers help to Japan, Indians safe (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India condoles Japan quake victims, 25,000 Indians safe - Mar 11, 2011
- India advises against travel to Japan, Indian family refuses to leave - Mar 17, 2011
- India offers help to tsunami-hit Japan (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Bahrain assures safety of Indians - Mar 17, 2011
- Manmohan Singh visits Japanese Embassy in Delhi - Mar 17, 2011
- India sets up helplines for its nationals in Yemen (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- India sets up helplines for its nationals in Yemen - Jun 04, 2011
Tags: consulate general of india, embassy in tokyo, embassy of india, emergency contact, helpline, indian citizens, indian embassy in tokyo, japanese government, massive earthquake, ministry of external affairs, New Delhi, northeast japan, osaka, piyush gupta, Press Release, rescue effort, richter scale, survivors, tsunami