India, Saskatchewan sign MoU on mineral resourcesMarch 15th, 2011 - 10:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 15 (ANI): The Ministry of Mines and the Ministry of Energy and Resources of the Province of Saskatchewan, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Tuesday to establish a cooperation programme in the field of geology and mineral resources.
The MoU aims at establishing a basis for development of geological and mineral resources, to promote investment in mining and related activities like mineral exploration and development, to encourage and foster mining investment, transfers of technology and joint ventures in India and Saskatchewan.
The MoU was signed when a high level delegation led by Brad Wall, Premier of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada called on Minister of Minesi Dinsha J. Patel here to discuss cooperation between India and Saskatchewan in the field of geology and mineral resources.
Known as very advanced in the mining sector, the Canadian Province Saskatchewan is known world over as an important producer of minerals including potash, uranium, oil and gas, diamonds, etc and is an important trade partner of India.
The areas of mutual interest identified are technologies, services and supplies related to prospecting, exploration, mining and beneficiation of mineral resources, training and human resources development in geosciences as well as minerals and metals sector, promotion of investment including fertilizer minerals, uranium and diamonds, exchange of experts, information on research and development, exchange of faculty, researchers.
The other areas identified for cooperation include Geoinformatics, particularly spatial data generation, management and geoinformation, including mining tenement application, environmental technologies and services, including sustainable development of technologies and techniques. (ANI)
- India signs MoU with Canada's Ontario province (With Image) - Jul 09, 2010
- India, Ontario sign MoU for cooperation in 'Geology and Mineral Resources' - Jul 09, 2010
- India gets big response at global mining meet - Mar 10, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan sign civil n-pact, unveil strategic roadmap (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Indian, Canadian institutes sign MoU on food processing research - Jun 07, 2010
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan sign seven bilateral agreements (update) - Apr 16, 2011
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Afghanistan sign pact on iron and steel - Apr 09, 2012
- MoU with ASEAN will boost joint tourism, feels India - Jan 13, 2012
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- Rashtriya Ispat to invest Rs.42,000 crore in Andra Pradesh - Jan 16, 2012
- World's fertilizer giant faces takeover bid, Canada worried - Nov 01, 2010
- India, Malaysia ink six pacts to take bilateral ties forward (Part II) - Oct 27, 2010
- India looks to Trinidad for oil, signs 5 pacts - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: beneficiation, canadian province, development exchange, environmental technologies, faculty researchers, generation management, geosciences, human resources development, level delegation, memorandum of understanding, mineral exploration, mineral resources, ministry of energy, mutual interest, potash, province of saskatchewan, resources training, saskatchewan canada, sign mou, trade partner