India, Russia to ink transport aircraft JV agreement in SeptemberAugust 19th, 2009 - 8:25 pm ICT by ANI
Moscow, Aug.19 (ANI): India and Russia are expected to ink a deal for the setting up of a joint venture for production of state-of-art multi-role transport aircraft (MTA) for their air forces.The agreement is expected to be signed next month during Defence Minister A K Antony’s visit to Moscow.
A news agency report quoted V Balakrishnan, General Manager of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) aircraft manufacturing division,as saying that Russia has cleared the formalities for the creation of the 50-50 JV.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has allocated funds for financing Russia’s share, he told the news agency on the sidelines of the International Aero-space show ‘MAKS-2009′.
From the Indian side HAL will hold 50 per cent equity in the JV.
The inter-government agreement for the joint development and production of MTA was inked in 2006 during the then President Putin’s visit to India. (ANI)
- HAL inks pact to make multi-role aircraft - May 29, 2012
- HAL to make multirole aircraft with Russian firm (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- India, Russia ink pact to jointly design, develop multi role transport aircraft - Sep 10, 2010
- Russia, India sign agreement on manufacturing military aircrafts - Sep 10, 2010
- Indo-Russian transport aircraft to fly by 2017 - Sep 12, 2010
- India-Russia combat jet may compete in South Korean tender - Aug 18, 2011
- South Asia's largest aero show takes off Wednesday - Feb 08, 2011
- India, Russia finalize transport aircraft project - Sep 09, 2010
- HAL forms JV with Rolls-Royce for aero engine part - Mar 30, 2010
- HAL prepares to manufacture Rafale combat jet in India - Feb 13, 2012
- Antony flags delays in Russian defence supplies - Oct 05, 2011
- India, Russia to soon ink advanced fighter deal - Oct 07, 2010
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- India to flaunt indigenous fighter at aero show - Feb 07, 2011
- India's indigenous fighter to soar high at aero show (Lead, With Images) - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: aero space, air forces, antony, defence minister, formalities, government agreement, hindustan aeronautics ltd, India, joint venture, moscow, mta, news agency, president putin, russia, russian prime minister, sidelines, space show, state of art, transport aircraft, vladimir putin