India rejects OICs suggestions on KashmirMarch 17th, 2008 - 8:37 pm ICT by admin
Darkar, Mar 17 (ANI): External Affairs Ministry spokesman Navtej Sarna has said at the summit in Darkar on Saturday that Organisation of Islamic Conference has no locus standi to suggest over the solution of the Kashmir dispute.
The 57-nation body, OIC had suggested that the Kashmir dispute should be resolved in accordance with relevant UN resolutions and the wishes of the Kashmiri people.
Navtej Sarna said, India regrets that OIC has once again chosen to comment on Jammu and Kashmir an Indias internal issue.
The meeting also included the Islamic world’s support for the right to self-determination of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
The OIC works to combat the threat of “Islamophobia” faced by the worlds 1.5 billion Muslim agencies to improve the image of Muslim societies. (ANI)
- India rejects OIC resolution on Kashmir - Jul 01, 2011
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- India dismayed at OIC stance on Mumbai attack - May 29, 2009
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- PM tells OIC to keep its hands off Kashmir - Oct 29, 2009
- India snubs OIC's Kashmir resolution - May 29, 2009
- India rebuffs OIC comments on Kashmir - Aug 15, 2008
- India rejects OIC move to appoint Kashmir envoy - Oct 03, 2009
- Saudi Islamic summit to discuss Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- Hurriyat to send peace mission to New Delhi, Islamabad - Oct 06, 2009
- Pakistan observes Kashmir Solidarity Day today - Feb 05, 2011
- 'Islamophobia' a threat to global peace: OIC chief (Lead) - Oct 17, 2008
- Pak determined to highlight Kashmiris right to self-determination: Qureshi - Sep 17, 2010
- India rebuffs Pakistan's "unwarranted" attempt to raise Kashmir at UN - Oct 11, 2011
- Good news on Kashmir soon: Gilani - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: darkar, external affairs ministry, India, islamic world, islamophobia, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir dispute, kashmiri people, locus, ministry spokesman, muslim societies, navtej sarna, oic, organisation of islamic conference, self determination, summit, un resolutions