India rejects OIC resolution on KashmirJuly 1st, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) India Friday rejected a resolution by the newly-renamed Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on Kashmir, stating that it has no “locus standi” on internal affairs of the country.
“Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India and the OIC has no locus standi in matters concerning internal affairs of India, which is the largest democracy and home to the second largest Muslim population in the world,” said external affairs ministry spokesperson, Vishnu Prakash.
“We reject all such references/resolutions,” he added.
A resolution on Kashmir was adopted during the meeting of foreign ministers of the group of Muslim countries, previously known as Organization of the Islamic Conference, in Kazakhstan which ended June 30.
Expressing “concern at the alarming increase in the indiscriminate use of force and gross violations of human rights committed against the innocent Kashmiris”, the resolution urged India to allow the OIC Fact Finding Mission to visit Indian Kashmir.
- India rejects OIC move to appoint Kashmir envoy - Oct 03, 2009
- PM tells OIC to keep its hands off Kashmir - Oct 29, 2009
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- India dismayed at OIC stance on Mumbai attack - May 29, 2009
- India rejects OIC reference on Kashmir - Aug 17, 2012
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- 'India using hunting weapons against protesting Kashmiris' - Aug 30, 2010
- India rejects incorrect border maps on US website - Jan 04, 2012
- India snubs OIC's Kashmir resolution - May 29, 2009
- India asks Pakistan to end illegal occupation of Kashmir - Sep 23, 2010
- India rejects Pakistan's Kashmir comments - Sep 17, 2010
- India warns Pak against interfering in Kashmir - Sep 17, 2010
- India rejects third party mediation on Kashmir (Lead) - Sep 22, 2010
- Good news on Kashmir soon: Gilani - Oct 17, 2010
- India rebuffs OIC comments on Kashmir - Aug 15, 2008
Tags: alarming increase, external affairs ministry, fact finding mission, foreign ministers, gross violations, indian kashmir, internal affairs, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmiris, locus standi, muslim countries, muslim population, New Delhi, organization of the islamic conference, spokesperson, use of force, violations of human rights, vishnu, which ended june