India rejects OIC reference on KashmirAugust 17th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) India Friday rejected as “erroneous and factually incorrect” a reference to Kashmir by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in its resolution on Syria.
Syed Akbaruddin, ministry of external affairs spokesperson, in response to a question on the reference to Kashmir in the OIC resolution, said: “We note that there is an erroneous and factually incorrect mention about an integral part of India by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in its Communique issued at its Fourth Extraordinary Summit held in Makkah on Aug 14-15, 2012. This is wrong, unacceptable and we reject it.”
The 57-member Organisation of Islamic Cooperation suspended Syria on Thursday at a meeting in the Saudi holy city of Makkah. The resolution said that the participants had agreed on “the need to end immediately the acts of violence in Syria and to suspend that country from the OIC”.
However, the Makkah Pact also said that the participants proclaimed their support for “Muslim people who are oppressed like the Syrian people”.
It underlined the summit’s support for “the oppressed Muslim peoples… who face the combat aircraft and heavy guns of the regular armies as is the case of the Syrian people”.
- Saudi Islamic summit to discuss Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- Zardari to attend Islamic meet in Saudi Arabia - Jul 29, 2012
- India rejects OIC resolution on Kashmir - Jul 01, 2011
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- India listens in on Iran conference on Syria - Aug 09, 2012
- Iran declines reports of arms supplies to Syria - Feb 26, 2012
- Ahmadinejad invited to Saudi Arabia to discuss Syria - Aug 06, 2012
- India bats for UN-led resolution of Syria crisis - Aug 14, 2012
- Syria appreciates BRICS stand on sovereignty - Mar 30, 2012
- India dismayed at OIC stance on Mumbai attack - May 29, 2009
- Syria says it won't go the Libya way - Apr 22, 2012
- India's foreign policy under threat due to US pressure: CPI-M - Mar 04, 2012
- Russia, China vote against UN resolution on Syria - Jul 07, 2012
- Russia to discuss Syria with Iran - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: acts of violence, combat aircraft, cooperation, heavy guns, holy city, India, kashmir, makkah, member organisation, ministry of external affairs, muslim peoples, New Delhi, oic, pact, participants, spokesperson, summit, syria