India ranks first in implementing anti-dumping dutiesOctober 21st, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 21 (ANI): The World Trade Organisation Secretariat has said that India leads all WTO member-countries in implementing anti-dumping measures followed by European Union and Indonesia during the first six months of 2008.
Concerning application of new final anti-dumping measures, India reported applying 16 new measures, thereby registering an increase of 78 per cent during January-June over the same period last year, the WTO said in its report.
India applied for six of the 16 new measures on products in the chemicals sector, it said.
European Union bagged the second place reporting eight new measures initiating anti-dumping actions, which is the first step before members decide to take initial and final anti-dumping measures, India ranks third after Turkey and the US in the first half of the calendar year.
The member countries reporting the highest number of new initiations during January-June were Turkey (13) followed by the US (12) and India (11), World Trade Organisation (WTO) Secretariat report said. (ANI)
- India initiated most anti-dumping cases among WTO members - May 07, 2009
- EU exports to India hit $28 bn - Sep 18, 2011
- Vietnam sues US over anti-dumping tax - Apr 23, 2010
- 'India's anti-dumping move violates WTO law' - Sep 16, 2010
- India's opposition led to EU tariff deal rejection - Jun 27, 2011
- China to adjust anti-dumping duties on Indian antibiotics - Aug 16, 2012
- Anti-dumping duty on Chinese Vitamin C extended - Jun 19, 2009
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- BRICS Summit: China agrees to prioritise import of more value-added products from India, Brazil - Apr 13, 2011
- $8.25 billion exports by 2014 achievable: leather exporters - Jan 30, 2011
- India agrees to duty-free Pakistani exports to EU: Report - Sep 10, 2011
- US takes India to WTO over poultry import bar - May 12, 2012
- India's Pradeep Mehta on WTO panel - Apr 13, 2012
- Centre extends trade defence measures to domestic industry - Dec 02, 2009
- IPR deals outside WTO not acceptable to India: Minister - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: calendar year, chemicals sector, dumping duties, european union, India, indonesia, initiations, measures, New Delhi, secretariat, secretariat report, six months, turkey, world trade organisation, world trade organisation wto, wto member countries, wto secretariat