India protests, holds prayers over Lankan attackMarch 4th, 2009 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
Gaya/ Ludhiana/ Bhubaneshwar/ Bhopal/ Kolkata, Mar 4 (ANI): People in different parts of the country staged protests against the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore and offered prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured players.
Sri Lankan monks in Gaya offered prayers under the Bodhi Tree for the well being of the injured players.
“At the Bodhi Tree, we pray for Lankan cricketers. We also seek necessary investigations should be held to find out the culprits,” said Bhante Vimalshar, a Sri Lankan monk.
Condemning the attack, people in Ludhiana staged protests, burned effigies and raised slogans against Pakistan.
Similar protests were staged in Bhopal and Bhubaneshwar.
Wearing black masks, sports lovers in Kolkata staged protests outside the cricket association’’s office.
People displayed placards against the Pakistan Government and its leaders.
“Pakistan is not taking any action against militants. We demand strict action against and immediate arrest of those responsible for the attack,” said Bimol Roy, a protestor. (ANI)
- Bihar to approach Sri Lanka for Bodhi tree sapling - Jun 28, 2010
- Maha Bodhi attack: Sri Lanka asks India for security of monks - Jan 25, 2011
- Buddhist monks offer prayers for world peace on Tripitaka festival - Dec 03, 2010
- Valuable letters handed over to Sarnath museum - Nov 22, 2010
- Annual monsoon festival at Gaya's Mahabodhi Temple attracts Hindu pilgrims - Aug 13, 2010
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Buddhist monks begin eight-day prayer session for peace in Bodhgaya - Dec 15, 2010
- Pakistan to have task force for players' safety - Nov 23, 2011
- Maoists attack legislator's house, blast another's in Bihar - Mar 17, 2011
- Buddha Purnima celebrated at Bodh Gaya - May 27, 2010
- Petrol price hike fuels protests, opposition ire (Roundup) - May 24, 2012
- UAE offers to stage Pak's upcoming 'home series' against Sri Lanka and England - Oct 29, 2010
- Pakistan leave for UAE to play against Sri Lanka - Oct 15, 2011
- Monks protest against barricading sacred Bodhi tree in Bodh Gaya - Oct 21, 2008
- Mani slams PCB over lack of effort to restore international matches in Pak - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: bhopal, bodhi tree, cricket association, cricketers, culprits, India, lahore, masks, militants, monks, necessary investigations, pakistan government, prayers, protests, slogans, speedy recovery, sri lankan cricket, sri lankan cricket team, sri lankan monk, strict action