India Post tie-up with ICICI PrudentialMarch 4th, 2009 - 6:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 4 (ANI): In yet another move to expand its basket of services, India Post has tied-up with ICICI Prudential for the collection of insurance premiums through Post Offices.
The service is now available at over 200 Post offices in Gujarat, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Maharashtra Postal Circles.
There will be no additional cost involved for the customer.
The premium amount realized will be sent to ICICI Prudential through the ePayment system of India Post.
The tie-up with ICICI Prudential is a step in the direction to make the post office a one stop shop for the community.
Now, the customers will have the convenience to pay their insurance premium at their neighborhood Post office. This tie-up is expected to bring the customers closer to Post office.
In the service category, insurance is one of the fastest growing industries with a very high potential.
The highly popular sale of gold coins by India Post is being opened in Uttar Pradesh and Haryana Postal Circles from next week.
The service was taken to post offices in Kerala earlier this week. With this, select post offices from 14 postal circles will provide this service to the public.
The Department of Posts began selling 24 carat ”gold coins” at 102 post offices in Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu from October 15.
Later, the service was extended to Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Rajasthan.
Apart from enhancing the revenue of the Department, this has enabled India Post to usher in a new image of India Post as a modern and relevant organization in all areas of life.
Gold is the latest addition to a range of retail activity that India Post has already taken up.
India Post has been selling various products under Retail Post category and there is sustained growth in the revenue from these activities.
Post Office sells UPSC applications and university applications, it retails Darjeeling Tea in West Bengal, it markets Aloe Vera products in Gujarat and it takes orders for distribution of Prasadams of various temples in Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. (ANI)
- India Post to give discount on gold coins this Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- India Post allowed to be agent for other insurers - Oct 17, 2010
- India Post to sell gold coins during festive season - Oct 27, 2010
- Aviva India ties up with India Post - Oct 06, 2009
- For 10 grams gold bought, India Post offers half a gram free - Jan 12, 2009
- Postal department opens counter at Fabindia store - Jun 14, 2011
- Star Health says it is in good health despite business loss - Jan 05, 2012
- DLF Pramerica enters Himachal Pradesh - Nov 02, 2011
- Franchise India and RE/MAX to start one-stop property shops - Jul 12, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh post offices to also sell gold coins - Mar 06, 2009
- UCO Bank partners Religare for internet trading services - Apr 25, 2011
- Uninor to scale down operations in four active circles - Jul 24, 2012
- Stamp to mark Pope John Paul's India visit silver jubilee - Apr 29, 2011
- Postal dept, banks to provide credit cards to rural people - Jan 02, 2011
- Essar Oil in pact with IGL for NCR CNG retailing - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, carat gold, fastest growing industries, gold coins, gujarat, high potential, icici prudential, india post, insurance premium, insurance premiums, latest addition, madhya pradesh, neighborhood post, post offices, relevant organization, retail activity, service category, tamil nadu, university applications, west bengal