India poised for record capacity addition of 15000 MW in 2011: ShindeFebruary 13th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 13(ANI): Union Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has said that the power sector in the country is poised for record capacity addition of 15000MW during the present financial year.
Inaugurating the International Operation and Maintenance Event “Indian Power Stations - 2011″ to commemorate the commencement of power generation from NTPC’s first unit at Singrauli, Uttar Pradesh, on same day in 1982 here today, he congratulated NTPC for its achievements.
Shinde said that after nearly 30 years of humble beginning, NTPC has a total installed capacity of over 33000 MW and plans to be a 75000MW company by 2017.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Power K.C. Venugopal urged the power companies for new and innovative initiatives for futuristic impact on power situation in the country by supply of reliable and quality power to all sections of the society.
Speaking on the occasion, NTPC Chairman and Managing Director Arup Roy Choudhury said that the company is pursuing inclusive growth model for meeting all its stakeholders including displaced persons, population around its projects and also ensuring quality power at reasonable cost to the consumers.
The inaugural function of the Event Operational Performance beyond Excellence was followed by technical sessions while exhibition is scheduled to be held at NTPC Power Management Institute NOIDA tomorrow.
In all, over 50 technical papers on power plant operation and maintenance shall be presented and discussed during the conference, including seven technical papers from international organizations.
The exhibition is expected to show case new and innovative products for power generation industry, from a wide cross section of Indian and multinational manufacturers. (ANI)
- NTPC to invite bids for importing coal - Nov 08, 2011
- NTPC begins work on power project in Karnataka - Jun 02, 2012
- NTPC to hire 6,000 people over five years - Feb 02, 2010
- NTPC's second coal-based power plant to start operations - Jul 17, 2010
- NTPC targets 10,000MW in south India by 2017 - Apr 30, 2010
- NTPC commissions 660 MW supercritical unit in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2011
- NTPC, NPCIL ink JV deal to set up nuclear power plants - Apr 27, 2010
- Cancelled coal blocks may be retruned to NTPC: Power minister - Jul 10, 2011
- Maharashtra to get 700 MW extra power - Oct 12, 2011
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- Indian power industry poised for major growth: Shinde - Jan 19, 2012
- NTPC adds 490 MW to power the Commonwealth Games - Jul 25, 2010
- 'One-third power capacity addition by private sector' - Aug 25, 2011
- Power plants face coal shortage, Delhi suffers - Oct 07, 2011
- India's power situation grim, efforts on to ease crunch - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: capacity addition, displaced persons, growth model, humble beginning, inaugural function, installed capacity, maintenance event, management institute, minister of state, noida, ntpc, operational performance, power generation industry, power minister, power sector, power situation, quality power, sushilkumar shinde, technical sessions, venugopal