India, Pakistan to discuss cross-LoC trade, CBMs on MondaySeptember 21st, 2008 - 11:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 21 (ANI): India and Pakistan will discuss the modalities for launching cross-Line of Control (LoC) trade and other Confidence-Building Measures (CBM) related to Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
In an effort to ensure early start of new measures the Joint Working Group on cross-LoC CBMs, comprising senior officials, will seek to marry ideas of the two sides, official sources said in New Delhi on Sunday.
Launch of commerce on the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad route would be high on agenda of the discussions, they said.
India has been keen on launching the cross-LoC trade since the proposal was first mooted in 2005 but the two countries have failed to reach a consensus on issues like items to be traded. (ANI)
- Cross-LoC trade needs financial mechanisms: Omar - Apr 04, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan to discuss cross-LoC trade, CBMs today - Sep 22, 2008
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up new cross-Kashmir CBMs - Jul 18, 2011
- India, Pakistan foreign ministers begin talks - Jul 27, 2011
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- First joint trade chamber for divided Kashmir chooses chief - Feb 09, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani foreign secretaries begin talks - Jul 26, 2011
- Home secretary reviews cross-LOC trade at Poonch - May 17, 2012
- Cross LoC travel: India unilaterally increases stay period to six months - Mar 26, 2011
- India asks Pakistan for 'satisfactory closure' of 26/11 trial - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan foreign secretaries to hold talks Tuesday - Jul 25, 2011