India, Pakistan to continue nuclear CBMs talksNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:32 am ICT by admin
The day-long discussions focused on a review of the implementation of existing agreements on CBMs and on disarmament and non-proliferation related issues of mutual interest in multilateral forums as provided for in the Lahore Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) of 1999.
The talks, begun in June 2004 as part of the Composite Dialogue process, were held in a cordial and constructive atmosphere, an External Affairs Ministry release said.
K. C. Singh, Additional Secretary (International Organizations), Ministry of External Affairs, led the Indian side at the talks, while the Pakistani delegation was led by Khalid Aziz Babar, Additional Secretary (UN and EC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Singh and Babar will also lead their respective sides at the Second Round of the Joint Anti-Terrorism Mechanism (JATM) to be held here on October 22.
Discussions in the Second Meeting of Joint Anti-Terrorism Mechanism will follow the mandate given to the group when it was constituted after the meeting of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and President Pervez Musharraf in Havana on September 16, 2006, and the first meeting of the Joint Anti-Terrorism Mechanism held in Islamabad in March this year. (ANI)
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- India, Pakistan exchange n-facilities list (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- India, Pakistan extend nuke accidents risks accord - Feb 21, 2012
- India, Pakistan to discuss conventional, nuke CBMs Monday - Dec 22, 2011
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India asks Pakistan for 26/11 trial closure, agrees on cross-Kashmir CBMs (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- India asks Pakistan for 26/11 closure, explores cross-LoC CBMs (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan talks on CBMs Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- Terrorism, trade, visas to top India-Pakistan talks (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Terrorism to dominate Krishna, Khar talks - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: babar, cbms, composite dialogue, constructive atmosphere, dr manmohan singh, expert level, external affairs ministry, india pakistan, khalid aziz, memorandum of understanding, ministry of external affairs, ministry of foreign affairs, ministry release, mutual interest, president pervez musharraf, terrorism