India, Pakistan border guards meet to discuss border security issuesJune 10th, 2009 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
Wagah (Punjab), June 10 (ANI): An eleven-member delegation of the Pakistan Rangers met a team of India’s Border Security Force (BSF) on Wednesday to discuss border management related issues.
The Pakistani delegation led by Punjab Deputy Director General, Brigadier Shafaqat Nawaz of Pakistan Rangers was welcomed by BSF team led by Deputy Inspector General Mohammad Aquil, at Wagah check post.
“The agenda of the meeting is basically to discuss minor border issues. And the issues that were not solved at commandant level meeting would be discussed. Some issues of inadvertent border crossing, smuggling, boundary related issues and some issues related to prisoners would be discussed, ” Aquil said.
The meeting was part of a mutually agreed programme aimed at evaluating measures by both border forces for managing border duties.
Issues relating to inadvertent border crossing, smuggling of contraband items, and simultaneous co-ordinated patrolling along the international border are to be discussed in the meeting.
“Our border force is alert always at every hour. Our patrolling is done constantly. And a lot of smugglers have been caught, details of which would be discussed in the border meeting,” said Nawaz.
The border guards of both the countries would also highlight the issues of Indian and Pakistani prisoners in the jails of respective countries. (ANI)
- India-Pakistan border guards meet at Wagah-Attari check post - Aug 09, 2010
- BSF delegation arrives in Pakistan - Oct 27, 2010
- India, Pakistan border security officials meet at Wagah - Oct 14, 2009
- Indian, Pakistani border guards start dialogue - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani border guards to prevent truce violations - Jul 05, 2012
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to meet in Delhi - Jul 01, 2012
- India releases eight Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post - Mar 08, 2011
- Pak releases 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 15, 2011
- Flag-lowering ceremony at Wagah border to become history - Oct 30, 2010
- BSF, Pakistani Rangers agree on minimum detention of fishermen - Oct 30, 2010
- India releases 20 Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post - Mar 01, 2011
- BSF-Pakistan Rangers meeting starts in Punjab - Mar 28, 2010
- There is no infiltration into India: Pakistan Rangers - Mar 28, 2010
- Indo-Bangladesh border talks begin - Mar 08, 2010
- Two rockets fired from Pakistan into Punjab (Lead) - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: aquil, border guards, border issues, border security force, brigadier, bsf, commandant, deputy director general, deputy inspector general, india pakistan, international border, jails, member delegation, mohammad, nawaz, pakistan border, pakistan rangers, patrolling, punjab, smugglers