India, Maldives sign bilateral agreementsDecember 24th, 2008 - 7:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 24 (ANI): India and Maldives inked on credit standing facility and air services here today.
The agreements were signed after the talks between Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and the visiting Maldives President Mohammad ”Anni” Nasheed.
Nasheed, who is on a three-day visit to India, said his government was seeking Indian industrialists, entrepreneurs to be partners in joint ventures in running the present state owned industries in Maldives.
Apart from it, the two countries will also push for strengthening ties between the two countries in the changed regime in Maldives.
President Nasheed is scheduled to attend a high-level business meeting with Maldivian delegation later today.
Nasheed will also call on his Indian counterpart Pratibha Patil who will host a banquet in his honour this evening.
He is accompanied by a high level delegation including a number of ministers and senior officials.
This is the first official visit of Nasheed as Maldivian President after defeating Maumoon Abdul Gayoom, longest-serving leader of the country.
Maldives enjoys strong and cordial relations with India and has been a major partner of Maldives development extending generous assistance.
The Indian Government has pledged 100 million dollars in aid to Maldives during the recent visit of the new Government’’s Foreign Minister Ahmed Shaheed. (ANI)
- Maldives President to meet Prime Minister today - Dec 24, 2008
- Maldivian President Waheed to make first ever visit to India - May 10, 2012
- Maldives President invites Indian industrialists to invest in his country - Dec 24, 2008
- Nasheed 'happy' with India's approach: Ex-minister - Feb 16, 2012
- Maldives President arrives in New Delhi - Dec 23, 2008
- Nasheed disappointed with India, says Maldives ex-foreign minister (Interview) - Feb 12, 2012
- Nasheed disappointed with India, says Maldives ex-foreign minister (Interview) (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Refused military offers of a counter-coup: Ex-Maldivian president - Apr 18, 2012
- Maldives' ex-president Gayoom returns to homeland - Mar 06, 2012
- Maldives President Nasheed resigns after public protests, mutiny - Feb 08, 2012
- PM pledges support to new Maldivian president - Feb 08, 2012
- No Indian push on unconstitutional polls: Maldivian president (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Mathai in Maldives for talks amid deepening crisis (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Male calm as new president readies national government (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Nasheed held world's first underwater cabinet meeting - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: bilateral agreements, business meeting, cordial relations, country maldives, dec 24, dr manmohan singh, generous assistance, indian counterpart, indian government, industrialists, level business, level delegation, manmohan, manmohan singh, maumoon abdul gayoom, nasheed, pratibha patil, president mohammad, relations with india, senior officials