India lodges protest over burglary at High Commissioners house in IslamabadNovember 15th, 2007 - 12:51 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Nov 15 (ANI): India on Wednesday lodged a strong protest over a break-in at the Indian High Commissioner Satayabrata Pals residence in Islamabad.
The official website of Indian External Affairs Ministry ran a brief news item, saying that the house of the High Commissioner to Islamabad was broken into and a strong protest had been lodged with the Pakistan Government and with the High Commission of Pakistan in New Delhi.
The break-in occurred on November 12, which was less than 10 days after Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf imposed a state of emergency, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Indian High Commissioner Satayabrata Pals house in G-6 area of Islamabad was burgled on Monday night (November 12).
Police are clueless about the burglars who took away valuables. Ironically, Pakistani security guards and Indian security personnel guarded the house.
However, Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Muhammad Sadiq said that the Indian officials had registered a report with the Islamabad Police, who were investigating the incident.
Sadiq declined to give further details about the incident, the Dawn reported. (ANI)
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Rajya Sabha official's house burgled - Oct 13, 2011
- Ahead of talks, India and Pakistan in diplomatic row (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2011
- India denies obstructing Pakistani warship (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- US man leaves behind t-shirt printed with own face at house he burgled - Apr 02, 2011
- India denies obstructing Pakistani warship (Third Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Burglar who targetted elderly women gets 15 years in jail - Jun 08, 2011
- British envoy meets Pakistani foreign minister - Jan 17, 2012
- Hollywood porn thieves rob stars' homes - Aug 27, 2009
- NATO airstrike kills 25 Pakistani troops, Gilani condemns - Nov 26, 2011
- Indian-origin MP condemns release of sleep-hit burglar - Nov 19, 2011
- Pakistan protests Indian obstruction of ship (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Pakistan lodges strong protest with US over Angoor Adda drone attack - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan summons US envoy over drone strikes - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: brief news, clueless, external affairs ministry, high commission of pakistan, high commissioners, india lodges protest, indian high commissioner, indian officials, indian security, ironically, islamabad, muhammad sadiq, pakistan government, pals, president pervez musharraf