India is aware of China’s economic achievements: KrishnaMay 3rd, 2011 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 3 (ANI): Asserting that India is aware of the stellar economic achievements of China, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said his country is not in any kind of race with Beijing for it has different political, social and economic systems.
“We are aware of the stellar economic achievements of China which is now the second largest economy in the world. There is great admiration in India for China’s economic achievements. However, I would like to clearly point out that India does not view its relations with China in a competitive construct. We are not in any kind of race with China,” Krishna told The Star in an interview.
“Both India and China place high priority on economic development amongst their national priorities. This is because each of us wants to raise the living standards of our people. India desires to eradicate hunger, illiteracy and disease. However, we have different political, social and economic systems in India as compared to China,” he added.
Krishna further said: “Therefore, we will tread our own path towards inclusive economic growth and prosperity. We will work towards an economically vibrant, socially cohesive and politically plural India.” (ANI)
- Text of PM's message - Dec 31, 2011
- Text of PM'S Independence Day Speech - Aug 15, 2011
- India has emerged stronger over last 65 years: Krishna - May 03, 2011
- India will soon be on high growth path: President (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- India will restore investor confidence, Krishna tells US - Jun 13, 2012
- Israel backs India for UN permanent seat - Jan 10, 2012
- India needs to improve implementation of social schemes - Sep 15, 2010
- India-Russia ties a model for diplomacy: Krishna - Apr 13, 2012
- Need national leaders from science, engineering: PM - Aug 18, 2012
- India reassures China over Tibet, calls for stronger ties (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Government committed to eradicating poverty: President - Aug 14, 2011
- Why Myanmar president's visit to India matters - Oct 11, 2011
- Text of Prime Minister's Independence Day speech - Aug 15, 2012
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- India seeks China's support for SCO membership - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,