India in touch with quake-hit JapanMarch 14th, 2011 - 5:19 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 14 (ANI): External Affairs Minister S M Krishna has said that the government is in touch with Tokyo and will provide all suitable help and relief to survivors of the massive earthquake cum tsunami in northeast Japan.
“The Indian Government is in touch with the Tokyo and will provide all suitable help and relief to the affected people,” Krishna told reporters outside Parliament.
Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao had earlier said that India has sent good quality woolen blankets to earthquake survivors in Sendai and others affected areas.
Rao tweeted: “India sending wool good quality blankets for the people of Sendai and others affected by Japan quake. 1st plane load being readied. Discussed this with Japanese Ambassador in Delhi and we felt this was most useful and needed item given cold weather conditions in affected areas.”
Earlier today, a 5.8 magnitude quake - one of many aftershocks since Friday’s massive 8.9 quake, struck at a depth of 18 kilometres off Ibaraki Prefecture, shaking tall buildings in Tokyo.
Aid and help in rescue operations are also being offered to Japan from all over the world. (ANI)
- Gujarat diamond traders worried over safety of their wards in quake- hit Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- India sending relief materials to quake-hit Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- India sends first relief plane to Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- Several strong quakes rocks northeastern Japan - Mar 23, 2011
- Power supply restored in quake-hit Japan city - Mar 12, 2011
- Japan shaken: survivors look for missing kin, n-meltdown feared (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Japan hit by massive quake, tsunami, 200-300 killed (Roundup) - Mar 11, 2011
- Japan hit by another 7.1-magnitude aftershock, tsunami warning issued - Apr 11, 2011
- Japan tsunami toll likely to rise over 1,600 - Mar 12, 2011
- India offers help to Japan, Indians safe (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits western Japan, unrelated to major 8.9 jolt - Mar 12, 2011
- 14 aftershocks hit Japan - Mar 12, 2011
- Magnitude-7.1 quake hits Japan, tsunami warning issued (Lead) - Apr 11, 2011
- India condoles Japan quake victims, 25,000 Indians safe - Mar 11, 2011
- Massive tsunami claims over 100 lives in Japan - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: aftershocks, cold weather conditions, earthquake survivors, external affairs minister, indian government, japan quake, japanese ambassador, kilometres, krishna, magnitude quake, massive earthquake, nirupama rao, northeast japan, plane load, prefecture, quality blankets, rescue operations, sendai, tall buildings, woolen blankets