India hopes to launch ‘Chandrayaan-2′ by 2013June 30th, 2010 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, June 30 (ANI): The Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K Radhakrishnan has said India is preparing to launch its second moon mission ‘Chandrayaan-2′ by 2013.
“The Chandrayaan-2 we are planning to have in the year 2013 and by that time we should have our GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) flying with the Indigenous Cryogenic Engine Stage that’s the target with which we are working,” Radhakrishnan told reporters here.
Radhakrishnan said some snags have been identified in flight-testing of the Indigenous Cryogenic Engine, which is being analysed.
He said this would be sorted out in about a year.
“A flight testing of the Indigenous Cryogenic Engine Stage, in April, and as you know we had some snags there. We went through a very detailed analysis as to what happens and why it happens and we have come to a couple of scenarios in which such a snag would have occurred and our immediate task is to confirm that through testing on the ground and then prepare for the next flight testing. This should happen in year from now,” he added.
The Chandrayaan-2 is the second unmanned lunar exploration mission that ISRO is pursuing. (ANI)
- India's second moon mission Chandrayaan-2 to wait - Apr 26, 2012
- India's next moon mission depends on Russia: ISRO chief - Sep 09, 2012
- ISRO plans more satellite launches this year - Apr 20, 2011
- Rocket launch failure will not delay moon mission: ISRO chief - Apr 15, 2010
- India's next moon mission banks on Russia, no Mars race with China: ISRO chief (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- India mulling second rocket port: Space agency chief - Oct 12, 2011
- India to find reasons for its rockets' failures - Dec 31, 2010
- Risat-1 catapults India into a select group of nations (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Indian rocket engine test successful - May 13, 2012
- Countdown begins for GSLV-D3 launch at Sriharikota - Apr 14, 2010
- India to launch three satellites next month - Aug 03, 2012
- Indigenous space engine test Saturday - May 11, 2012
- Indian rocket mission fails, second this year (Second Intro Night Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Successful firing of cryogenic engine a challenge for new ISRO chief - Oct 25, 2009
- ISRO chairman prays for successful launch of PSLV-C15 - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: chandrayaan, cryogenic engine, exploration mission, gslv, India, indian space research, indian space research organisation, isro, launch vehicle, lunar exploration, moon mission, radhakrishnan, satellite, scenarios, second moon, snag, snags, target, year 2013