India has no threat from China: Pallam RajuSeptember 27th, 2010 - 10:17 pm ICT by ANI
Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Sep 27 (ANI): Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju on Monday dispelled notions of insecurity along the areas bordering China, and asserted India has no threat from China.
“Every country works towards saving its own interest…from that point of view, even China will do whatever it has to, while we take our adequate safeguards in protecting our interests,” said Pallam Raju, while interacting with the media persons after commissioning the new set up of Bharat Dynamics Limited, a unit functioning under the Ministry of Defence here today.Pallam Raju also mentioned that India is acquiring and upgrading warships and weapons of the Indian Navy as a part of the defence policy.
“In terms of deterrence capabilities we are building up. We do all that we can to protect our nation’s interest and in terms of strengthening the border infrastructure and strengthening the capabilities on the border. So we don’t have to worry on that front,” he added.
Diplomatic ties between India and China have become increasingly fraught over an unsettled border, the disputed Kashmir region and the competing global aspirations of the world’s most populous nations. (ANI)
- China no threat to India, says Pallam Raju - May 19, 2012
- 'No sensitive material on chopper that strayed into Pakistan' (Lead) - Oct 25, 2011
- India-US relations not aimed at China: Antony - Feb 17, 2012
- Pallam Raju rules out surgical strike on Pak terror hubs - Mar 18, 2010
- 'Relying on imports for critical defence needs a concern' - Oct 18, 2011
- India working to solve border issue with China - Jan 18, 2010
- Govt. seeks greater private role in defence sector: Pallam Raju - Apr 20, 2011
- Terror in Kabul: Antony asks armed forces to be vigilant - Apr 16, 2012
- Beefing army presence in northeast not aimed at China: Antony - Feb 15, 2010
- No need for alarm over Chinese military: India - Nov 02, 2011
- India for strong measures to combat pirates - Apr 20, 2011
- Antony to lay foundation stone of India's first defence ship building institute - Jan 02, 2011
- India stepping up defence preparedness: Pallam Raju - Oct 25, 2011
- Mechanism soon to resolve border row with China: Antony - Sep 27, 2011
- No war with China in near future, says IAF officer - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: adequate safeguards, andhra pradesh, aspirations, border infrastructure, defence policy, deterrence, diplomatic ties, indian navy, insecurity, kashmir, kashmir region, media persons, minister of state, ministry of defence, notions, pallam raju, point of view, populous nations, visakhapatnam, warships