India-China defence dialogue to be held on Dec. 15December 12th, 2008 - 6:57 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 12 (ANI): India and China will hold their second Annual Defence Dialogue (ADD) in New Delhi on Monday.
The Indian side will be led by the Defence Secretary Vijay Singh and Lt. General Ma Xiaotian, Deputy Chief of General Staff, Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) will lead the Chinese side.
The Chinese delegation is currently in India from December 10-16.
The ADD is an important mechanism for holding bilateral talks on defence cooperation between India and China.
It is also a forum for exchange of views on regional and security issues between the two countries.
The first ADD was held in Beijing in November 2007. In second ADD, the two sides are expected to discuss various issues including Regional Security and Defence Policy and annual exchange visit programmes between their defence forces.
Lt. General Ma Xiaotian had called on Defence Minister AK Antony on December 10 and discussed various matters pertaining to security scenario, terrorism and bilateral defence cooperation.
The Chinese delegation later visited Belgaum from December11-12 and witnessed the joint India-China training exercises. (ANI)
- India-China defence dialogue resumed; border mechanism gets a push - Dec 09, 2011
- India-China defence dialogue Friday - Dec 08, 2011
- India-China defence dialogue next month: Krishna - Nov 29, 2011
- China considering more joint military exercises with India - Jun 25, 2012
- India, China planning joint army exercise in 2012 - Nov 13, 2011
- India, China to discuss regional security Dec 9 - Nov 30, 2011
- `Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India's concerns' - Sep 04, 2012
- India, China join hands to fight terrorism - Dec 15, 2008
- India-Chinese defence dialogue on schedule - Nov 28, 2011
- Pakistani general to discuss ties with China - Jul 18, 2011
- Chinese Army deputy chief calls for 'strengthening cooperation' with US - Nov 19, 2010
- India, China to discuss ramp up in military ties - Sep 02, 2012
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- High expectations from Chinese minister's India trip: Daily - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: antony, bilateral talks, china defence, chinese delegation, chinese side, defence cooperation, defence forces, defence minister, defence policy, defence secretary, deputy chief, exchange visit, general staff, india china, lt general, New Delhi, peoples liberation army, regional security, security issues, vijay singh