India, Canada sign MoU in agriculture and allied sectorsJanuary 13th, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.13 (ANI): India and Canada on Tuesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of agriculture and allied sectors to further cooperation between the two countries.
Minister for Agriculture, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Sharad Pawar, and Canadas Minister of Agriculture and Agri- Food Canada Gerry Ritz signed the agreement.
The MoU is quite comprehensive and provides institutional mechanism for encouraging cooperation towards knowledge sharing on emerging technologies, agricultural marketing and animal development.
The cooperation envisaged in the MoU is expected to be mutually beneficial for the two countries and also lead to increase in bilateral trade by creating new marketing opportunities benefiting the farmers of both the countries.
The MoU provides for setting up of Working Groups to address specific areas dealing with sharing of knowledge on emerging technologies, agricultural marketing and animal development and will have representatives from all sake holders including private sector.
Both the sides had official level talks earlier in the day. Ritz is leading a high level delegation to India. (ANI)
- India, Canada sign MoU on cooperation in agriculture - Jan 13, 2009
- India, Canada to collaborate in agriculture - Jan 12, 2009
- Canadian and Indian ministers to sign pact on agriculture cooperation - Jan 12, 2009
- India, Malaysia ink six pacts to take bilateral ties forward (Part II) - Oct 27, 2010
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- Karnataka agri-business summit attracts Rs.78,000-crore investments - Dec 01, 2011
- India, Argentina sign MoU on agriculture cooperation - Sep 13, 2010
- Indian, Canadian institutes sign MoU on food processing research - Jun 07, 2010
- Punjab, Canadian province sign agreement - Nov 06, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan sign civil n-pact, unveil strategic roadmap (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- India, US aluminium associations sign MoU - Dec 09, 2011
- Karnataka to use farm lands as equity in agri ventures (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- India, Russia sign 30 pacts - Dec 21, 2010
- Karnataka holding agri-biz summit to woo investments - Nov 25, 2011
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: agri food canada, agricultural marketing, animal development, bilateral trade, consumer affairs, emerging technologies, gerry ritz, institutional mechanism, knowledge sharing, level delegation, memorandum of understanding, minister of agriculture, New Delhi, new marketing opportunities, private sector, public distribution, sectors, sharad pawar, sign mou, working groups