India, Bhutan to enhance cooperation in energy sectorOctober 20th, 2010 - 8:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct.20 (ANI): India and Bhutan have decided to boost cooperation in the energy sector.
Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who is in the national capital on a nine-day visit to promote bilateral ties between the nations, met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh earlier today.
The duo discussed a host of issues including the possibility of expanding India’s development assistance to the Himalayan Kingdom.
The Bhutan King will discuss important bilateral and regional issues with senior political leaders during his visit.
Wangchuck met External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna and Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram later in the day.
He will also meet Defence Minister A.K. Antony and deliver a keynote address at a function to mark the golden jubilee of the National Defence College in New Delhi tomorrow.
Wangchuk will also meet President Pratibha Devisingh Patil during his visit. (ANI)
- Bhutan King meets President Pratibha Patil in New Delhi - Oct 22, 2010
- Bhutan King meets Prime Minister Manmohan Singh - Oct 20, 2010
- PM, Bhutan king discuss aid, energy cooperation - Oct 20, 2010
- Bhutan's newly-wed royal couple heading to India - Oct 21, 2011
- Mathai in Thimphu, India highlights special ties - Aug 18, 2011
- India to host Bhutan's royal couple - Oct 13, 2011
- After king, Bhutan PM comes to India Saturday - Oct 29, 2010
- Bhutan King to arrive in India on 9-day visit on Wednesday - Oct 19, 2010
- Nitish Kumar in Bhutan to study hydel projects - May 04, 2011
- Lawrence School invites Bhutan royals - Oct 21, 2011
- Bhutan king arrives in Delhi to boost bilateral ties - Dec 21, 2009
- India rolls out red carpet for Bhutan's royal couple - Oct 24, 2011
- India to contribute Rs.15 crores for education development in Bhutan - Feb 07, 2011
- Bhutan to help promote tourism in Bihar - May 06, 2011
- Bhutan King meets Army Chief, NSA - Dec 24, 2009
Tags: bilateral ties, defence minister, delhi tomorrow, development assistance, dr manmohan singh, energy sector, external affairs minister, golden jubilee, himalayan kingdom, jigme khesar namgyel wangchuck, keynote address, king jigme khesar namgyel wangchuck, krishna, manmohan, manmohan singh, national defence college, political leaders, pratibha devisingh patil, regional issues, union home minister