India, Bangladesh to sign two agreementsFebruary 9th, 2009 - 3:13 pm ICT by ANI
Dhaka, Feb 9 (ANI): External Affairs Minster Pranab Mukherjee has revealed that India and Bangladesh would be signing two agreements, one on promotion of bilateral trade and the other on investment promotion.
Mukherjee, who reached Dhaka on Monday, is expected to hold discussions with Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, and with Ministers for Foreign Affairs, Home and Water Resources.
Mukherjee was received at Dhaka Airport by his Bangladeshi counterpart Dr. Dipu Mony and Indian High Commissioner Pinak Ranjan Chakravarty.
He said he would try to cover the entire gamut of bilateral relations including security, connectivity, trade and investment and other important areas during his stay.
Mukherjee expressed his warm greetings and congratulations to the people of Bangladesh for successfully conducting free, fair and peaceful elections.
Earlier, High Commissioner Pinak Ranjan Chakravarty had stated that all options, including trade, security and water issues would be open for discussion between India and Bangladesh during Mukherjee’’s visit. (ANI)
- Bangladesh-India ties on right track: Minister - Feb 27, 2012
- India, Bangladesh sign trade pact, pledge to fight terror - Jul 07, 2011
- India, Bangladesh to hold talks; PM's visit on agenda - Jun 06, 2011
- Bangladesh President, PM congratulate Pranab (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- India, Bangladesh ink investment pact, to jointly fight terror (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Pranab Mukherjee to visit Dhaka in May - Apr 01, 2012
- Mukherjee to discuss trade, security and water issues during Dhaka visit - Feb 09, 2009
- Krishna's trip to infuse dynamism in ties: Bangladesh - Jul 06, 2011
- PM to go on 'charm Dhaka' trip, India spotlights Bangla ties (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Bangladeshi diplomat confident about Teesta water pact - Dec 16, 2011
- Dhaka, Delhi may sign trade pact - Jan 22, 2009
- India, Bangladesh to discuss extradition, Teesta pacts - May 03, 2012
- India, Bangladesh to jointly combat terror, discuss Tipaimukh dam - Sep 08, 2009
- Pranab Mukherjee arrives in Dhaka for talks - Feb 09, 2009
- Manmohan to go on 'charm Dhaka' visit Sept 6-7 (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: bangladesh, bilateral relations, bilateral trade, counterpart, dipu, external affairs, foreign affairs, gamut, India, indian high commissioner, investment promotion, minister sheikh hasina, mony, peaceful elections, pranab mukherjee, prime minister, trade security, warm greetings, water issues, water resources