India, ASEAN commerce ministers meet in DelhiMarch 3rd, 2011 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar.2 (ANI): Indian Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma met the Commerce Ministers of Thailand, Philippines and Singapore, who are here with a team of delegates, to attend the India- ASEAN Business Fair, which began on Wednesday.
In separate meetings with Porntiva Nakasai, Thailand’s Commerce Minister, Gregory Domingo, Philippines’ Trade and Industry Secretary (Minister) and Lim Hng Kiang, Singapore’s Trade and Industry Minister, Sharma discussed various aspects of trade relations between India and the Southeast Asian nations, emphasizing on agriculture and industry.
The ministers agreed to increase cultural exchanges and tourism ties between the nations.
The trade and commerce ministers of Ten ASEAN countries, which include Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, attended the inauguration of the “India-ASEAN Business Fair”.
Indian majors like Tata Motors, BHEL, IRCON, APTECH, and WAPCOS among others are showcasing their product lines in the fair.
The main sectors of cooperation between India and ASEAN are, Agriculture and Food Processing, Infrastructure, Tourism, Automotive, Education, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, IT, among others.
The fair is jointly organized by the Commerce Ministry and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and will end on March 6. (ANI)
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India-Asean Business Fair tomorrow - Mar 01, 2011
- India, Asean to ink economic pact by year-end: Anand Sharma - Mar 02, 2011
- India-ASEAN CEPA by 2011 end, says Anand Sharma - Mar 02, 2011
- Free trade with Asean to open up bigger prospects - May 15, 2011
- India urges Singapore to invest in Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor - May 11, 2010
- The sky is the limit for ASEAN-India cooperation (Comment) - Oct 27, 2010
- India calls for greater connectivity with ASEAN (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Thailand seeks Indian investments - Jan 25, 2012
- India, Asean trade to reach $70 bn in 3 years - Feb 22, 2011
- Sharma to hold trade talks with Malaysia and Singapore - Jul 05, 2010
- Krishna to address Delhi Dialogue III - Mar 03, 2011
- India to speed up trade talks with EU, Japan and Malaysia - Aug 25, 2010
- Indian generic drugs to get easy access to Singapore - May 11, 2010
- ASEAN-India officials meet in Cambodia - May 27, 2012
- China signs investment agreement with ASEAN - Aug 15, 2009
Tags: anand sharma, asean business, asean countries, automotive education, business fair, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, commerce minister, commerce ministry, hng, indian chambers of commerce, indian commerce, industry minister, industry secretary, ircon, lim hng kiang, philippines trade, s commerce, southeast asian nations, tata motors