India, Argentina ink pact for cooperation in agricultureAugust 2nd, 2010 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 2 (ANI): India and Argentina on Monday signed a joint agreement agreeing to develop technical and professional cooperation in the agricultural sector and foster the trade of plants and animal products between the two nations. Argentina’s Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries Minister Julian Andres Dominguez and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar signed a joint agreement recognising the benefits of cooperation in the field of agriculture and the allied sectors, including the agro-industrial sector, towards economic and social development of the two countries.
It was also decided in the meeting that in order to deepen the traditional bilateral cooperation in agriculture and allied sector, the two countries would sign the following Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the near future:
1. An Umbrella Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of the Argentine Republic for cooperation in the Field of Agriculture and Allied Sectors.
2. Memorandum of Understanding on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Issues for Bilateral Trade of Animal Products and Plant Products between the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of the Argentine Republic and the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of India.
3. Memorandum of Understanding on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Issues for Bilateral Trade of Animal Products and Plant Products between the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of the Argentine Republic and the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of India
Dominguez, who is on a two-day official visit to India, also invited Pawar to visit Argentina (ANI)
- India, Argentina to cooperate in agriculture - Aug 02, 2010
- India, Argentina sign MoU on agriculture cooperation - Sep 13, 2010
- India signs agriculture pact with Argentina - Sep 12, 2010
- India, Argentina ink nine pacts, Argentina President meets Manmohan Singh (Part I) - Oct 14, 2009
- Pawar urges states to increase milk production - Nov 18, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan sign civil n-pact, unveil strategic roadmap (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- India looks at South America for farm revolution - Sep 03, 2010
- India taps Poland for access to EU market - Jul 11, 2011
- Myanmar seeks collaboration with Indian business houses - Dec 20, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan sign seven bilateral agreements (update) - Apr 16, 2011
- India, China identify new opportunities to realize vast potential for future growth - Dec 16, 2010
- India, Malawi strengthen bilateral cooperation through three new pacts - Jan 09, 2010
- India-EU trade and investment pact talks almost complete: Sharma - Jul 11, 2011
- India, Brazil discuss ethanol production, agriculture - Sep 14, 2010
- List of India-Bangladesh pacts signed Tuesday - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: agricultural sector, agriculture livestock, agriculture minister, animal products, argentine republic, aug 2, bilateral cooperation, bilateral trade, economic and social development, fisheries, industrial sector, ink pact, memorandum of understanding, ministry of agriculture, mou, New Delhi, phytosanitary issues, professional cooperation, republic of india, sharad pawar