India and Denmark agree over labour mobilityJune 19th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 19 (ANI): The Union Cabinet today approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on labour mobility partnership agreement between India and Denmark.
The objectives of the MOU is to facilitate safe and legal migration by promoting orderly migration of workers from India to meet the growing demand for skilled and trained workers in the Danish economy and to prevent illegal migration and the smuggling of people for financial benefits.
The proposed MOU provides for cooperation between the two countries concerning the branches - labour market expansion, employment facilitation, organized entry and orderly migration and exchange of information and cooperation in introducing best practices for mutual benefit of labour and employment for qualified workers within their national objectives and the relevant laws.
It also provides for constitution of a Joint Working Group of both the countries, which will study employment opportunities and suggest means for enhancing cooperation between states; interpret the provisions of the MoU and oversee its implementation.
The MoU also create guidance material on rights and duties of employers and workers to minimize labour disputes and create information material about the existing system for dispute settlement. (ANI)
- India, Denmark sign MoU on labour mobility - Sep 29, 2009
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- India, Denmark to sign social security pact next month - Jul 12, 2009
- India wants to diversify migration base from Gulf to Europe: official - Dec 01, 2009
- India, US to cooperate on labour issues - Feb 03, 2012
- India, UAE sign manpower agreement - Sep 13, 2011
- Demand for Indian domestic workers abroad: Ravi - May 02, 2012
- India, Singapore sign military training deal - Jul 11, 2012
- AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoU - Apr 02, 2011
- India to work with UN for women migrants - Aug 27, 2010
- Invest India inks deal with Mauritian board - Feb 08, 2012
- MoU with ASEAN will boost joint tourism, feels India - Jan 13, 2012
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Singapore extend military training agreement (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: danish economy, dispute settlement, existing system, guidance material, illegal migration, information material, joint working group, labour disputes, labour market, labour mobility, market expansion, memorandum of understanding, mou, mutual benefit, national objectives, New Delhi, orderly migration, partnership agreement, relevant laws, union cabinet