India, Afghanistan sign MoU on labour cooperationJune 16th, 2010 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 16 (ANI): India and Afghanistan on Wednesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in labour related areas.
Minister of Labour and Employment Mallikarjun Kharge and Afghanistan Deputy Minister, Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled Mohammad Ghous Bashiri signed the MoU.
Under the terms of MoU, India will provide technical support in developing a comprehensive employment strategy for Afghanistan in order to enable Government of Afghanistan to tackle its major problem of large-scale unemployment.
India would also assist Afghanistan in establishment and expansion of vocational training programmers in Afghanistan as well as technical support in its other skill development initiative like procedures for certification, trainers for vocational training centres, selection of viable vocational skill, setting up the procedures for providing modular skills etc.
India will also provide technical support for drafting labour related rules and regulations for its new labour laws and in developing mechanism for better enforcement of Labour Laws.
The MoU envisages that Government of India will provide technical support to Afghanistan in developing a policy to handle issues relating to child labour and designing the rehabilitation programs on the line of the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) scheme of Government of India.
India will also give technical support to the Ministry of Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled in establishment of the Labour Research and Resource Centre in Afghanistan on the lines of V.V. Giri National labour Institute in India, which will act as a nodal department for coordinating and conducting research, providing resources and conducting training on labour related issues. (ANI)
- India likely to get role in Afghan military affairs - Jun 22, 2010
- India, Singapore sign military training deal - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Singapore extend military training agreement (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- NHRC to support Afghanistan rights efforts - May 06, 2011
- Afghanistan to get Indian help in upholding human rights (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- IGNOU to launch centre for disabled - Oct 16, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- Human resources most powerful tools for economic development: Mallikarjun Kharge - Apr 07, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- 'Education system not keeping pace with evolving technology' - Sep 06, 2012
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- Gilani to talk Afghan peace in Qatar (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- UKIBC in talks with Indian corporates to train staff - Sep 12, 2011
- 'Construction equipment industry needs more skilled workforce' - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,