Income tax officials raid Mumbai’s Lilawati HospitalApril 11th, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 11 (ANI): Income Tax department officials raided Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital on Monday over alleged financial irregularities committed by its trustees and owners.
The officials have reportedly recovered several incriminating documents, sealed computers installed in all four departments of hospital and seized hard disks to examine the information stored in them.
Income tax officials are also conducting raids on premises owned by Mayfair Realtors and Vestra Infrastructures, who loaned Rs 14 crore to the Lilawati Trust in 2002.
Monday’s raids comes five days after the Supreme Court issued notices to various government agencies on a petition seeking investigation into alleged money laundering by trustees of Lilawati Hospital.
Apex court notices were issued to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Enforcement Directorate (ED), SEBI and Central Government on April 6 in response to a petition, which alleged that the trustees of the hospital are involved in money laundering through the accounts of the hospital and sought criminal proceedings in the case.
The four trustees under scanner are Prabodh Mehta, Rashmi Mehta, Chetan Mehta and Bhavin Mehta. (ANI)
- Lilavati Hospital may have evaded huge amount of tax - Apr 12, 2011
- Lilavati Hospital chief alleges 'tilted' probe into murderous attack - Aug 18, 2010
- Battle to control Rs.7 bn Lilavati Hospital hots up - Jul 31, 2010
- Income tax raids at Lilavati Hospital - Apr 11, 2011
- Enforcement Directorate questions tax evader Hasan Ali Khan - Mar 07, 2011
- ED raids Hasan Ali's accountant's premises (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- Hasan Ali to be presented in court Tuesday - Mar 08, 2011
- "I am a victim of political conspiracy", says Hasan Ali - Mar 08, 2011
- 2G case: CBI seeks phone transcripts of chartered accountants - Jun 01, 2011
- Koda told to pay Rs.1,200 crore in income tax dues - Jan 02, 2012
- CBI court rejects Koda's bail plea - May 30, 2011
- Top tax evader's accountant terms Enforcement Directorate's actions as 'illegal - Mar 24, 2011
- ED raids Hasan Ali's accountant's residence - Mar 23, 2011
- Koda moved from ICU to general ward, ED set for arrest - Nov 05, 2009
- Koda gets bail in illegal mining case, to stay in jail - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: apex court, bhavin mehta, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central government, chetan, criminal proceedings, crore, department officials, enforcement directorate, financial irregularities, hard disks, infrastructures, lilavati hospital, lilawati hospital, mayfair, rashmi, sebi, tax officials, vestra