Im the happiest Ive been, says Mel BMay 18th, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by admin
London, May 18 (ANI): A year before she was dismissed as a total train wreck but now, Melanie Brown, is happier, slimmer, sexier and more successful than she ever could be.
Things werent looking good for Mel B, who was 4st overweight, locked in a paternity battle with Eddie Murphy, and all but forgotten by Spice Girls fans.
This past year has been one hell of an interesting ride, and thats putting it mildly. Im the happiest Ive been. I feel amazing and I love my life, News of the World quoted her, as saying.
In America, 33-year-old Mel aka Scary Spice is easily more famous than her bandmate Victoria Beckham, thanks to her incredible performance on Dancing With The Stars.
I think Americans love a fighter. And Ive always been a fighter. Even during the worst times of last year, I never gave in. Theres an expression over here: If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade. I love that attitude because thats me, she said.
The turnaround in her working life has been mirrored in her private life.
Last June Mel wed long-term friend Stefan Belafonte, 32, in a secret ceremony in Las Vegas.
He was the one person who stuck by me throughout my pregnancy, she says.
He saw me at my most vulnerable and I saw him for the supportive, giving bloke he really is. Stefan is brilliant with my daughters, Angel, one, and nine-year-old Phoenix (by first husband Jimmy Gulzar).
“For the first time I feel like part of a family, she said. (ANI)
- Mel B 'snubs' Posh on Twitter - Mar 23, 2011
- Mel B wants to stay in Paris - Jul 05, 2012
- Mel B doesn't care about pregnancy weight - Mar 23, 2011
- Mel B wants to learn French - Jul 06, 2012
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Mel B's sister reveals they haven't spoken in years - Jan 12, 2011
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Mel C not ready for more kids - Sep 02, 2011
- Mel B wants more kids - Sep 21, 2011
- Motherhood is tough: Mel C - Jun 18, 2012
- Mel C regrets permanent tattoos - Jun 29, 2012
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Mel B wants Australian citizenship - Sep 11, 2012
- Mel B opens up about Eddie Murphy feud over love child in docu - Aug 29, 2010
- Mel B plans restaurant in Leeds - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: angel one, bloke, dancing with the stars, eddie murphy, friend stefan, husband jimmy gulzar, life news, mel b, melanie brown, news of the world, private life, scary spice, secret ceremony, slimmer sexier, spice girls, spice girls fans, stefan belafonte, term friend, train wreck, victoria beckham