IIT-ians Join Hands For The Release Of Vikram Buddhi From The US PrisonOctober 4th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Oct 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Demonstrations and demands for the release of the Indian post graduate student Vikram Buddhi from the captivity of a US federal prison are getting stronger every passing day as the IIT-ians have joined hands demanding an immediate release of Buddhi. The burning issue has reached a point where even the Indian government have come into action, thereby pressurizing the Obama administration to release the post graduate student.
Somnath Bharti, the Supreme Court lawyer and a member of IIT-Delhi Senate vented his anger over the whole incident as he spoke to Time Of India. “A very bright mathematics scholar Vikram Buddhi, who has also won an award for best lecturer at the University of Purdue, is languishing in a US jail without any evidence for about three years. Several IIT alumni under the umbrella organization Pan-IIT, will fight for justice for him,” said Mr. Bharti.
Budhhi, a brilliant student and a scholar has been languishing in an US jail after he was arrested after posting an anti-Bush post in a website which he claims that he never wrote. According to the sources, the then Bush administration visualized the entire incident as a threat to the leader. Buddhi was arrested on early 2006. Since then, Buddhi’s father, a former Navy Captain has been battling a lone legal battle for his son. Sources revealed that it has not yet been proved that the alleged message was sent by Buddhi who still remains confined in a prison awaiting a sentence. Moreover, the Purdue University Campus, where Buddhi was residing, has a a long history regarding Internet hacking.
The IIT-ians are trying their best to pressurize the US government to release Buddhi so that justice is served. “There are many loopholes in the court trial. In fact it is quite surprising how someone could be kept behind the bars without a single hard evidence against them,” added Bharti.
- S.M.Krishna promises Buddhi's family further assistance - Oct 29, 2009
- Indian Government promises action in Buddhi case - Oct 01, 2009
- Indian student languishes in US jail, alleges abuse - Oct 17, 2009
- Ensure 'due process' in Vikram Buddhi case: India tells US - Dec 17, 2009
- Indian student jailed for sending hate mail to Bush - Dec 12, 2009
- War of words over Jairam Ramesh slamming IITs, IIMs (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Indian varsities slip in global ranking - Sep 06, 2011
- 'Invest in research, technology for future of IITs' - Apr 16, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- IIT conclave as part of Vibrant Gujarat summit - Jan 09, 2011
- Indian Americans in news for wrong reasons (Lead) - Dec 12, 2009
- Is even one of our institutions world class, asks Sibal - May 24, 2011
- IIT alumni keen to push Punjab growth - Aug 21, 2010
- From same IIT Delhi room springs another writer - Feb 20, 2012
- New IIT entrance test pattern gets mixed reactions from alumni - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: anti bush, brilliant student, bush administration, court trial, dey, federal prison, hard evidence, iit delhi, indian government, internet hacking, loopholes, madhuri, navy captain, post graduate, purdue university campus, somnath, supreme court lawyer, time of india, umbrella organization, vikram buddhi