IIT Delhi top university for IT graduates in IndiaMarch 8th, 2011 - 6:49 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, March 08 (ANI/Business Wire): Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, which has been created as a centre of excellence for higher training, has been ranked as India’s top university for IT graduates, according to GILD report.
IIT Delhi is one of the seven Institutes of Technology created as centres of excellence for higher training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India, the others being at Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Bombay, Guwahati and Roorkee.
GILD, the fastest growing network for technology professionals today announced the release of the first ever GILD Talent Report for the India market, which comprises a comprehensive analysis covering over one lakh IT professionals who are active members of the GILD network.
The GILD talent report compares the quality of talent graduating from colleges and the skills of professionals employed in India.
The GILD Report is the first industry report to analyze the quality of skills possessed by professionals across universities, companies and metro areas in India.
“The GILD Talent Report is our contribution to the industry to highlight the best pools of talent available across India,” said GILD CEO, Sheeroy Desai.
Highlights of the launch edition of the report include:
. IIT Delhi ranks as the top university for IT graduates in India.
. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) tops the company rankings with the largest pool of qualified professionals.
. The C programming language is the most popular and available technology skill across India.
. Sapient is the company that showed the fastest upward movement across the company rankings in January.
. Bangalore is home to the largest number of GILD certified professionals. (ANI)
- Indian varsities slip in global ranking - Sep 06, 2011
- What ails the IITs (Comment) - Oct 25, 2011
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- Wipro to train school teachers in US - Aug 29, 2012
- IT firm MindTree to tap talent in towns across India - Sep 18, 2012
- IIT-Kharagpur best technology school in India: Survey - Dec 27, 2009
- Study examines what employers are really looking for in candidates - Feb 23, 2011
- IIT, IIM faculty is not world-class, says Jairam Ramesh - May 23, 2011
- IIT-JEE topper aspires to be a civil servant (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Wipro will hire 50 percent staff globally by 2015 - Jan 20, 2012
- India, Australia collaborate for scientific research - Jun 26, 2012
- Need for Kerala to reform higher education: Experts - Sep 14, 2012
- Faridabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Bangalore phobia will only hurt Western economies (Comment) - Aug 27, 2010
- US state seeks Indian investment in IT, energy - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: available technology, c programming language, centre of excellence, centres of excellence, guwahati, iit delhi, india bangalore, india market, indian institute of technology, indian institute of technology delhi, institutes of technology, kharagpur, launch, metro areas, sapient, sheeroy desai, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, technology skill, upward movement