IIT Delhi revokes termination order of 3 studentsJuly 4th, 2008 - 8:06 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 4 (ANI): The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi has revoked the expulsion of three students for under performance here today, including two belonging to the Scheduled Caste.
The premier institute had expelled 20 students, of these 11 belonged to the SC category, one to the ST and eight were General Category students citing unsatisfactory performance in June first week.
The IIT official said the decision on 17 others would remain the same.
The decision was taken today after a meeting of the IIT’s review committee which looked into a complaint regarding expulsions.
A senior IIT official said, “The committee took a lenient view because of the special circumstances.”
Recently, the National Commission for the Scheduled Castes had summoned IIT Delhi Director Surendra Prasad on a complaint that the administration had deliberately handpicked the students from the SC/ST communities. (ANI)
- Delhi University gets court notice on dalits' admission (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Government's view sought on poor students' admission to KVs - Mar 10, 2012
- Court notice to Kendriya Vidyalayas on admitting poor students - Feb 09, 2012
- IIT-D asked to review SC/ST students' expulsion - Jun 17, 2008
- Panel to probe AIIMS suicide - Mar 06, 2012
- Can't touch seats reserved for OBC students: Apex court (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Exclude 'creamy layer' from quota, apex court urged (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Udit Raj welcomes decision on Lokpal reservations - Dec 21, 2011
- No OBC reservation in minority institutions: Court - Jun 25, 2012
- Delhi to get residential school for underprivileged kids - May 14, 2012
- Rajya Sabha passes amended central institutions act - Apr 27, 2012
- Rape cases against SC and ST women increasing - Mar 13, 2012
- Selection doesn't mean appointment, rules court - May 30, 2011
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- Name Bengal township after Ambedkar: NGO - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: caste, castes, category students, expulsion, iit delhi, indian institute of technology, institute of technology, july 4, New Delhi, prasad, special circumstances, surendra, unsatisfactory performance