IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers trainingMarch 14th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 14 (ANI): The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan (KVS) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a national level programme of continuous training of KVS teachers.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Minister of State for Human Resource and Development (HRD) Dr. D. Purandeswari.
Secretary, School Education and Literacy, Anshu Vaish, Prof. V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai, Vice Chancellor, IGNOU and Avinash Dikshit, Commissioner, KVS, were also present on the occasion.
The MoU was signed by Registrar, IGNOU (U.S. Tolia) and Jt. Commissioner (Admn.), KVS (O.M. Prabhakaran).
Speaking on the occasion Dr. Purandeswari said: “There is a need for continued professional development of teachers to meet the demand of quality in education.”
“This step is of immense significance in view of the importance of teacher training in the light of the Right of Education Act,” she added and appreciated the launch of the IGNOU-KVS training initiative
The target group for this training includes primary teachers, graduate teachers and post-graduate teachers. Under the present collaborative programme, the teachers of KVS would be required to undergo 6 months training including at least 15 days face to face programme with pre-training assessment and post training follow up, feed back cum assessment.
The training would focus on content upgradation of teachers with respect to their own special subject areas. They would also be given in-depth training on new knowledge and its relevance to their work.
Teachers would relearn new and innovative classroom management techniques and strategies for improving quality of teaching. A team of experts would draw up a detailed training design, which would be periodically reviewed.
Feedback on the training would be taken for continuously upgrading the quality of the programme. The duration of the programme will be six months. The training would be conducted in English and Hindi medium.
The methodology for the training programme would be face to face interaction, self learning, audio video support, teleconferencing with a two-way audio and one-way video facility, self-learning printed course material packages, assignment for assessment and feedback, practicals at designated institutions, work-related field projects/functional assignment as per programme requirement, telecast of video and audio programmes on National Network of Gyan Darshan and Gyan Vani, resource support through eGyankosh.
The teachers would have to undergo an evaluation. Certificates upon completion of programme would be provided by IGNOU.
A JCC consisting of representatives from IGNOU and KVS would be formed by the Vice Chancellor of IGNOU and the Commissioner, KVS to prepare appropriate modalities of training programmes and its smooth conduct. (ANI)
- IGNOU to train Kendriya Vidyalaya teachers - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU to conduct human rights courses for cops - Dec 30, 2009
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- IGNOU trains teachers to develop online courses - Aug 13, 2011
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU to award skill-recognition degrees to Indian Navy sailors - Jun 24, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU inks pact to promote indigenous knowledge - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU to open study centre in Zambia - Feb 13, 2012
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, US foundation sign accord - Nov 18, 2010
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- IGNOU to train power sector employees - Jan 10, 2010
- NHRC signs pact with IGNOU to run rights awareness programme for police personnel - Dec 30, 2009
- 'IGNOU at par with international institutions' - Jan 01, 2011
- Army, IGNOU sign MoU to give soldiers' second career option - Sep 04, 2009
Tags: admn, avinash, classroom management techniques, continued professional development, continuous training, dikshit, graduate teachers, ignou, immense significance, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, kendriya vidyalaya sangthan, launch, memorandum of understanding, pre training, purandeswari, target group, tolia, vice chancellor, work teachers