Iftar party at Bijnore, strengthens communal harmonyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:07 am ICT by admin
The party was attended by almost the whole town, irrespective of caste, creed and religion.
The Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Munshiram Pal, who is also the Member of Parliament of the area, hosting the event made sure that the best of dishes were served to the crowd consisting of eminent persons from both Hindu and Muslim communities from the area.
Both the communities displayed a spirit of togetherness while sharing a variety of dishes.
Parliamentarian Munshiram Pal said. “People have come here to celebrate Roza Iftar in the true spirit of Hindu-Muslim unity. I am truly thankful to everyone for their active participation in the function. I am also obliged to various organisations who have worked for Hindu-Muslim unity here,” said Munshiram Pal.
Though it wasn’t the first time that a Hindu hosted Roza Iftar party in Bijnore, the Muslims applauded Munshiram Pal’s endeavours. They wished that the bondage between them and their Hindu brethren is further strengthened.
“The event is very good for communal harmony. People from all religions have taken part in the event and have made it successful. It will also spread good message amongst all the religions,” said Raees Ahmed, a resident.
“Our nation consists of diverse religions, faiths and traditions. But still it has the kept alive the spirit of Unity-in-Diversity. A living example of this is the celebration of Iftar by Hindus, which promotes communal harmony ” added Khan Zaffer Sultan, another resident.
The residents are now looking forward for more such celebrations which would bond the two communities for all times to come. (ANI)
- Communalism, terrorism big challenges to nation: PM - Jul 29, 2011
- Hindu temple comes up in Bihar - with Muslim help - Feb 05, 2012
- Special Eid prayers planned ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 09, 2010
- In Ayodhya, a temple that is open to all faiths - Sep 25, 2010
- BOLLYWOOD STAR SAIF ALI KHAN ON RAMZAN AND RELIGION - Sep 07, 2010
- Communal violence casts a shadow on Uttar Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Ayodhya verdict: Okay to Ram temple, land to Muslims too (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2010
- Muslims join 'Gayatri Parivar' event - Nov 06, 2011
- Varanasi craftsmen make a flag symbolizing communal harmony - May 05, 2010
- Raksha Bandhan displays the apex of humanity across the country - Aug 05, 2009
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Lucknow - Sep 11, 2010
- Christians-Muslims-Hindus-Buddhists-Jews-Baha'is to dialogue at University of Nevada-Reno - Feb 11, 2011
- A temple where Hindus welcome Muslims for prayers - Sep 17, 2009
- Hindu and Muslim community join hands to promote communal harmony - May 16, 2010
- Gayatri Mantra opened University of Nevada 'Inner-Faith Night' celebrations - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: communal harmony, dishes, eminent persons, endeavours, government school, hindu, hindus, irrespective, member of parliament, muslim communities, muslim unity, obliged, parliamentarian, religions, rld, roza, togetherness, true spirit, unity in diversity