IED recovered in Jammu and KashmirMarch 28th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 28 (IANS) Army troops Saturday recovered a powerful improvised explosive device (IED) in a forest area of Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
The three-kg bomb was recovered in jungles of Thanna Mandi in Rajouri district, about 200 km northwest of Jammu, said a defence spokesman.
The recovery comes amid official consensus that a large number of militants and ammunition from Pakistan have either been smuggled or waiting to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir to target upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Maoist held, bomb defused in Jharkhand - May 28, 2011
- Army busts militant hideout in Kashmir - May 17, 2010
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
- Kashmir gunfight: Search operations called off (Lead) - Aug 16, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir - Jul 14, 2012
- Militant hideout busted in Poonch - Jun 04, 2010
- Hideout busted, recoveries made in north Kashmir - Nov 23, 2010
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Explosives, arms found in Assam - May 17, 2012
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Rajouri in Kashmir - Aug 07, 2010
- Huge cache of explosives recovered in Rajouri - Jan 14, 2011
- Security forces recover a huge cache of explosives in J-K - Aug 10, 2010
- IED found in Srinagar, defused - Oct 18, 2010