Icelandic designer creates world’’s first bulletproof handkerchiefOctober 23rd, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 23 (ANI): Keeping in mind well-dressed gentlemen with dangerous lifestyles, an Icelandic designer has created the world’’s first bulletproof handkerchief.
The life-saving accessory is made from Kevlar, which is five times stronger than steel.
It sits in the breast pocket in order to “protect the heart of men”, reports the Telegraph.
The material, which is used to make protective vests and Formula 1 cars, can withstand a bullet as well as temperatures of up to around 400 degrees centigrade.
Only ten of the stylish handkerchiefs are currently available, all in a tasteful yellow and bordered with either raw golden silk or citric French cotton.
The handkerchiefs cost around 94 pounds, but the designer, Sluli Recht, emphasises that he takes “no responsibility for schmucks and wooden-heads who feel compelled to test the endurance or resistance of the textile in any way”. (ANI)
- Human skin mixed with spider silk can halt bullets - Sep 14, 2011
- Financial subsidy for textiles sector to continue in 12th plan - Aug 25, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Now, armour made from 'bullet proof custard'! - Jul 10, 2010
- Now, armour made of 'bullet proof custard'! - Jul 13, 2010
- Rosily Paul impresses with handmade jewellery at IIJW - Aug 01, 2011
- Oprah to don green Sabyasachi sari in Jaipur - Jan 20, 2012
- Anuradha Raman launches stoles, target everyone (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
- Textile sector remains core to the Indian economy: Minister - Aug 26, 2011
- Scientists unravel secrets of strong spider silk - Mar 02, 2011
- New body armour for soldiers - Jan 14, 2011
- Security firms show off their wares in Mexico - Apr 14, 2011
- Eco-friendly interiors the new mantra - Jun 20, 2012
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: breast pocket, bulletproof, emphasises, endurance, formula 1 cars, gentlemen, golden silk, handkerchief, handkerchiefs, heart, kevlar, lifestyles, protective vests, resistance, schmucks, stronger than steel, telegraph, temperatures, textile, times stronger than steel