IAF to rescue people stranded in Jammu regionJanuary 25th, 2012 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 25 (IANS) As the weather cleared in mountainous regions of Jammu Wednesday, the Indian Air Force (IAF) began preparations to evacuate some 300 snow-trapped people in Kishtwar district, an official said.
According to a defence spokesman, villages like Sondar, Dachan, Marwah, Navapachi and Warwan have been cut off due to the recent heavy snowfall.
“These villages do not have road connectivity,” the spokesman added.
He said the operation is being carried out by 130 Helicopter Unit of the IAF under the leadership of Wing Commander Anurag Kumar.
The army and air force have been daily carrying out relief and rescue operations across Jammu and Kashmir which has been hit by heavy snowfall, rains and avalanches.
- IAF rushes to evacuate snow-trapped in Jammu - Jan 27, 2012
- Chopper link to areas cut off by snow in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 22, 2009
- IAF rescues marooned civilians in Jammu - Aug 05, 2012
- Food, fodder dropped for Kashmir's snow-trapped nomads - Jun 02, 2010
- IAF helped in mission to restore power supply to Kashmir - Jan 10, 2012
- Massive combing operation on to locate crashed MiG-29 - Nov 04, 2011
- Snow hampers MiG-29 wreckage search - Nov 12, 2011
- Through mountain of snow, they open road to Lahaul (Feature with image) - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Buried under avalanche, help came from the sky' - Feb 27, 2012
- IAF rescues 11 injured in Kashmir accident - Dec 01, 2010
- IAF helicopters supply relief material in Jammu and Kashmir's 's snow-affected areas - Jun 02, 2010
- Goof up reveals locations of military bases - Oct 19, 2011
- Avalanches in northeastern Afghanistan kill 44 - Mar 07, 2012
- Crashed MiG's one engine found, no trace of pilot - Oct 27, 2011
- Snowfall hampers search for MiG - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,