IAF rescue over 1300 people stranded in Kashmir ValleyNovember 25th, 2009 - 7:31 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Nov 25 (ANI) : In a relentless effort the Indian Air Force (IAF) rescued over 1300 civilians between Srinagar and Kargil.
Snowfall during the past week had led to the closure of Zozilla Pass preventing the transit of local population between Kargil and Srinagar.
On a request from the Jammu and Kashmir Government, the IAF pressed two of its IL-76 aircrafts from the Western Air Command into the service.
On Tuesday, the two aircraft piloted by Wing Commander Deepak and Wing Commander Narula flew six sorties between Leh and Srinagar in a relentless effort to airlift the stranded civilians. (ANI)
- IAF airlifts 313 stranded passengers between Leh and Srinagar - Feb 07, 2012
- Special IAF flights for people stranded in Kargil - Feb 06, 2012
- IAF airlifts stranded Kashmiris - Jan 30, 2012
- IAF sorties between Srinagar and Jammu begin (Lead) - Jan 21, 2012
- IAF airlifts 1,377 people in Kashmir - Jan 22, 2012
- Indian Army, IAF rescue 420 tourists in Ladakh (Lead) - Aug 09, 2010
- IAF sorties for stranded passengers in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 20, 2012
- IAF to run sorties for stranded passengers in Jammu and Kashmir - Jan 21, 2012
- Leh rescue: Army, airforce work relentlessly to provide succour - Aug 16, 2010
- Relentless rescue efforts by IAF continues for fourth day at Leh - Aug 09, 2010
- Ace fighter pilot Browne is new IAF vice chief (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- IAF's Cheetah choppers evacuate 90 people in Ladakh - Aug 09, 2010
- Massive relief and rescue operation for Leh flash floods victims - Aug 07, 2010
- Armed forces at forefront of relief operations in Ladakh - Aug 19, 2010
- Air Marshal Kumaria on a two-day visit to Air Force Station Chandigarh - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,