IAF air warriors to have 3G connectivity for enhanced operational efficiencyMarch 14th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 14 (ANI): Reaping payoffs of the AFNET (Air Force Network), the Indian Air Force (IAF) air warriors will henceforth, remain connected at all times by the IAF’s exclusive Wideband CDMA-based 3G portable wireless network, to be operational in June this year.
The latest value-added services using the state-of-art mobile communication technology, to be integrated with the AFNET as the backbone connectivity, will be a secure communication network enabling voice, data, video streaming and file sharing, enhancing real-time operational efficiency.
Under the new captive 3G mobile network, all IAF officers and air warriors up to the rank of Sergeant will be provided a high-end handset to begin with. This will help connectivity of each individual with the system and enable cross connectivity with other communication platforms like IP-based communication within AFNET.
In the first phase, the network will be operational in Delhi area within six months. In the second phase, the network will be in place for all remaining AF establishments across the country, by 2013.
The 3G network with transportable mobile base stations will also enable communications even from remote locations. (ANI)
- IAF air warriors to get 3G connectivity - Mar 14, 2011
- India to have 400 million 3G connection by 2015: Study - Mar 08, 2011
- Antony dedicates Air Force Network to the nation - Sep 14, 2010
- IAF to showcase network centric operations on Republic Day - Jan 21, 2011
- IAF to have data network centricity in two years - Jan 22, 2010
- Reliance communication launches new 3G tablet for Rs.14,499 - Jul 19, 2012
- IAF commanders assess force levels - Oct 12, 2011
- IAF strengthening its ground assets: Air chief - Oct 10, 2010
- IAF to stage exercise in Gujarat, Rajasthan - Nov 09, 2011
- Nod for $1.9-bn defence procurement proposals (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Apple to unveil new iPad - Feb 23, 2011
- Beijing firm to launch CDMA iPhone 4S - Jan 31, 2012
- Nod for $4.5-bn military acquisitions (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Antony contradicts air force chief on plane crashes - Dec 12, 2011
- Minimum bid price for 2G spectrum too high: SSTL - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 3g network, afnet, air warriors, backbone connectivity, communication network, communication platforms, delhi area, establishments, indian air force, mobile base stations, mobile communication technology, mobile network, operational efficiency, payoffs, second phase, secure communication, state of art, value added services, voice data, wideband