IAEA chief meets ManmohanNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
On Wednesday, he had come out in strong support of the Indo-US nuclear deal and had said that he would like to see New Delhi managing to come out from the restrictions imposed by the 45-member Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
El Baradei’s visit to New Delhi gains significance in the wake of the UPA Government acceding to the Left Front’s demand of not initiating formal talks with the international agency on India-specific safeguard agreement till October 22.
He has also said that there was no time frame for discussions to begin.
The 2005 Nobel Peace Prize winner is on a five-day visit to India. (ANI)
- Menon meets IAEA chief ahead of briefing to Board - Jul 18, 2008
- IAEA chief backs Indo-US nuclear deal - Nov 14, 2007
- Peer review needed for all nuke reactors: ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- India honours ElBaradei with Indira Gandhi Prize - Sep 30, 2009
- India-US nuclear deal was win-win: ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- India to honour ElBaradei with Indira prize Wednesday - Sep 29, 2009
- India briefs IAEA Board, NSG members on India-US nuke deal - Jul 19, 2008
- ElBaradei - a Nobel laureate in eye of Egypt's political storm - Jan 31, 2011
- El-Baradei was 'too soft on Tehran', says WikiLeaks cable - Feb 10, 2011
- Tagore, nuclear diplomacy, Sufi... thought-provoking book stack (IANS Book This Week) - May 12, 2011
- Egypt crisis: US sizing up ex-IAEA chief El-Baradei - Feb 01, 2011
- France assures NSG waiver for India not undermined - Jul 01, 2011
- India to work with NSG for unconditional exemption: Menon - Aug 02, 2008
- India, IAEA sign safeguards accord (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Egyptian protesters plan march of million people (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: IAEA, India, indo, international agency, menon, New Delhi, nobel peace prize, nobel peace prize winner, nsg, nuclear deal, nuclear suppliers group, peace prize winner, reporters, safeguard, shiv shankar, time frame, UPA, wide ranging discussion