IAEA chief backs Indo-US nuclear dealNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:01 am ICT by admin
“India cannot continue to be sidelined. I would like to see India as a full partner,” he added.
He termed his talks with Mukherjee as fruitful, and said that the talks centred on various developments taking place globally.
ElBaradei’s visit to New Delhi gains significance in the wake of the UPA Government acceding to the Left Front’s demand of not initiating formal talks with the international agency on India-specific safeguard agreement till October 22.
ElBaradei, who reached here from Mumbai this afternoon said he was happy to move ahead on the safeguards agreement once the Indian government decides on the issue.
He also said that there was no time frame for discussions to begin.
“There is no time limit, as and when the government takes a decision we will be ready,” he said.
ElBaradei is scheduled to meet Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon on Thursday and would also meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later.
The 2005 Nobel Peace Prize winner is on a five-day visit to India. (ANI)
- India-US nuclear deal was win-win: ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- Egypt crisis: US sizing up ex-IAEA chief El-Baradei - Feb 01, 2011
- India honours ElBaradei with Indira Gandhi Prize - Sep 30, 2009
- IAEA trying to dry up A.Q. Khan network: ElBaradei - Sep 30, 2009
- Peer review needed for all nuke reactors: ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- There would have been no revolution without internet: ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- Tagore, nuclear diplomacy, Sufi... thought-provoking book stack (IANS Book This Week) - May 12, 2011
- El-Baradei was 'too soft on Tehran', says WikiLeaks cable - Feb 10, 2011
- Mohamed ElBaradei to run for Egyptian presidency - Mar 10, 2011
- Mahatma Gandhi inspired young Egyptians, says ElBaradei - Mar 19, 2011
- ElBaradei - a Nobel laureate in eye of Egypt's political storm - Jan 31, 2011
- Mubarak urged to quit as opposition draws up list of demands (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2011
- ElBaradei urges Mubarak to quit - Feb 01, 2011
- India to honour ElBaradei with Indira prize Wednesday - Sep 29, 2009
- IAEA chief ElBaradei conferred with 2008 Indira Gandhi Prize - Sep 30, 2009
Tags: art modern, elbaradei, external affairs minister, IAEA, India, indian government, international agency, menon, nobel peace prize, nobel peace prize winner, nuclear deal, nuclear technology, peace prize winner, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan singh, safeguards agreement, shiv shankar, UPA