Hyundai motor launches ”I 20” in Indian marketDecember 29th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 29 (ANI): South Korean car maker Hyundai Motor launched ”i 20” here today. This car is said to be an improved version of ”i 10” with more space and more powerful engine.
The launch that has taken place at the time of global financial meltdown raised many questions about the success of ”i 20” in the Indian markets. But the senior vice president of Hyundai motors said that, they were positive about the launch, as what matters ultimately is the quality of the product.
“Current automobile market is very much tough, so we had many kinds of feasibility studies, and decision about negative days was also very much difficult. But I think that we should provide good product in any case, despite the entire economic situation. So the reason we decided to have an inauguration today,” said H.S Lheeh, MD, Hyundai Motors India Ltd.
Lheeh added that they were trying to do everything possible for the success of the car in the market. They were making better offers, talking to the consumers and also to the public sector banks to provide finance.
The car has been launched in three variants namely Magna, Asta and Asta (0). The five door ”i 20” boasts of many classy features like a large interior cabin and stylish exteriors.
“It is fantastic car, I think the car which many consumers would not have seen in the segment. The car offers many features for the first time and it is one of the most stylish car on the Indian roads” said Arvind Sexana, Senior Vice President, Hyundai Motors India Ltd.
Hyundai, the No.2 carmaker in India and home to a small car hub, expects to sell just 490,000 cars including exports, compared with a target of 530,000, in 2008 as the industry grapples with falling sales and tighter credit. (ANI)
- Hyundai launches new i20 compact car - Apr 07, 2010
- Bookings for Hyundai's compact car Eon from Oct 1 - Sep 30, 2011
- South Korean auto production grows - Jun 12, 2012
- Hyundai Motor India hopes to log 16 percent growth - Jun 24, 2010
- Hyundai launches all new i10 - Sep 23, 2010
- Hyundai India eyes 10 percent growth in FY12 - Oct 18, 2011
- Hyundai launches three-new LPG powered variants of Eon - Jan 16, 2012
- Hyundai India sells two millionth car in domestic market - Nov 30, 2010
- TVS Motor launches upgraded TVS Star City model - Jan 24, 2012
- Hyundai Motor sales up in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Hyundai to launch six new cars in next three years (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Feb 08, 2011
- Hyundai offers glimpse of new i30 - Sep 07, 2011
- Chinese car multimedia maker CASKA to set up R&D; centre in India - Apr 19, 2012
- Hyundai Motor's April sales up 4.9 percent - May 02, 2012
- Hyundai to increase production of Verna - Jun 28, 2011
Tags: arvind, automobile market, car maker, carmaker, feasibility studies, financial meltdown, hyundai motor, hyundai motors india, india ltd, indian markets, indian roads, interior cabin, korean car, launch, public sector banks, senior vice president, sexana, small car, stylish car, target