Hyderabad entrepreneur custom designs vehicles for pollsFebruary 10th, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Feb 10 (ANI): While the general elections areround the corner, an entrepreneur in Hyderabad is busy custom designing election vehicles for several political leaders.
K. Sudhakar, the owner of Sudha cars, who made a small fortune for himself by designing around 20 election vehicles during the last polls, has once again turned his garage into a workshop for making vehicles for his political clients.
The demands range from having a sofa-cum-bed inside the vehicle, to having mini kitchens, toilets, refrigerators, open roof to address the public and even television sets for the owners to keep in touch with the latest happenings.
“Last time, I made about 20 vehicles, but this time, I am expecting more orders because politicians have now realised that it is a necessity and not a luxury,” Sudhakar said.
Sudhakar says he started work on the first vehicle for these elections about a month ago and the cost of his craftsmanship works out to an average of 800,000 rupees per vehicle. However, the price can vary depending on what all comforts the vehicle is to be fitted with.
These vehicles are more popular with lawmakers having large constituencies.
Most political parties are preparing themselves for the general elections, which are expected to be held before May this year. (ANI)
- Made in Punjab campaign caravans drive top politicians - Apr 24, 2009
- 'Kitchens becoming style statement in South Asian homes' - May 14, 2012
- Gypsy travels: Caravan tourism arrives in India - Aug 07, 2010
- Car scrap turned into modern office - Mar 11, 2010
- Workshops to guide UAE women on food industry - Jun 25, 2010
- In 2011, cars to come with star ratings on energy efficiency - Dec 31, 2010
- Today is 'Clean out your refrigerator day' - Nov 15, 2011
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Four new NIDs to come up (With Images) - Dec 12, 2011
- M&M; launches mini van in Andhra Pradesh - May 11, 2011
- From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenues - Jun 07, 2012
- World's first super cool bra - May 10, 2012
- Man charred to death as mini-bus catches fire - Jan 16, 2011
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- 17 hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: cars, constituencies, craftsmanship, entrepreneur, general elections, last time, latest happenings, lawmakers, mini kitchens, political clients, political leaders, political parties, politicians, polls, refrigerators, rupees, small fortune, sofa, television sets, toilets