Hyderabad court places Abu Salem in judicial custody till jan 3December 20th, 2007 - 8:04 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad,Dec 20,(ANI):Underworld don Abu Salem was remanded to judicial custody till January 3 by a Hyderabad court today in connection with a fake passport case.
Salem, who was brought to Hyderabad from Mumbai on a prisoner transit warrant, was produced before a special judge, who sent him to 14 days judicial custody.
As the special CBI court judge was on leave,Salem was produced before another special judge to facilitate the speedy trial of a case involving embezzlement of scholarship grantsfrom the Andhra Pradesh social welfare department.
Salem was presented before the court at Nampally amidst tight security.
The CBI had filed an application before the special judge, seeking his custody in the fake passport case.Salem, who is also wanted in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case, was then taken to Mumbai,where he is facing trial in a TADA court.(ANI)
- Verdict in Abu Salem passport case Nov 16 - Nov 01, 2010
- Salem moves court in Mumbai blasts case - Jan 17, 2012
- Portuguese Supreme Court cancels Salem's extradition, CBI unfazed (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Abu Salem appears before Hyderabad court - May 06, 2010
- Janardhana Reddy's judicial custody extended - Sep 19, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's custody extended till Oct 31 - Oct 17, 2011
- Hearing on Janardhana Reddy's bail plea after a week (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Portuguese Supreme Court cancels Abu Salem's extradition, CBI to appeal - Sep 27, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy sent to jail for 14 days - Sep 05, 2011
- Apex court wants details of Abu Salem case proceedings - Mar 19, 2012
- Janardhana Reddy's bail hearing deferred - Sep 08, 2011
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Relief for Abu Salem as apex court stays trial in 1993 blasts (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- MCOCA against Abu Salem dropped (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Woman IAS officer gets bail in illegal mining case - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, cbi court, court judge, embezzlement, fake passport, judicial custody, mumbai bomb blasts, passport case, scholarship, social welfare department, special judge, speedy trial, tada court, tight security, underworld, warrant